My daughter (4) washed my back

donkeyhead

I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy hormones of long-awaited Baby #2 being newly snuggled in my Hotel Womb...but something happened last night that made me so grateful for the job I've done as a mother.

To add, this girl can be spicy and sassy as the rest of 'em, but last night, was different.

I made dinner, something new and fun, Taco Pizza. She chowed down and said, "let's wash you up mommy." I was confused and confirmed with her she meant for me to get in the bathtub.

My husband thought it was a ruse to get out of impending bedtime, but we laughed and I obliged.

I got in the bath, she struggled to reach my favorite Vanilla Patchouli bubble bath, and carefully poured some over the faucet. She asked daddy to help her get a washcloth to "take care of mommy" and went to grab one of her toddler sized chairs and sat next to me at the bath.

She rinsed my shoulders with warm water and asked me about my day as she sudded up her favorite kids wash in the cloth. "Mommy works so hard" she told my husband after he came in for a peek. She washed my back, she ran her fingers through my hair, she soothed me, as I had done for her for the past 4.5 years of her little life.

In that moment, she was my best friend. My long time gal pal. My confidant. She wanted nothing more than to take care of me. I let her.

As bedtime came and went while we were chatting away, I tried to soak in those moments (pun intended) as one day they might be hard to come by.

I'm sure this isn't the right group to post in, but it's for all you mommas, new and again, our babies know, they know how much we love them, they understand more than they let on. And very seldomly do I feel like I do things right, but last night, my daughter washed my back. 💕

Edit: Thank you all so much for your kindness and sharing your stories with me! Thanks for the awards! I feel truly blessed as a Momma. I hope you all do too!! 💕💕💕

@ne0phyte2021 Ive set up email accounts for my kiddos. I’ll send them little stories like this, and when they’ve grown up, I’ll give them the account to read what we’ve sent over the years.

@donkeyhead That is the sweetest thing I've read all day.

We have a chair right next to the bathtub that I can sit in while they goof around in the tub and they love it when I put my feet over the edge of the tub and they wash my feet. Yesterday, I went for a hike with sandals on and my feet were legit dirty, so I asked them to wash my feet. They were pumped and when I set my feet on the edge of the tub they both went "EWWWW, dirty gross feet, mama!" and set right to work with "extra extra soap". So not quite as darling as your experience but memorable all the same!

@donkeyhead I got very sick over the summer and I'm still weak so now I supervise my daughters baths with a camping chair. She's decided that SHE needs to supervise my baths as well and will haul her own camping chair into the bathroom and watch her tablet while I bathe... At least til she figures the water is cool enough then she quickly strips and climbs in with me cuz "I miss when we took baths together!" Sneaky bath stealing 6 year old. But, I can't tell her no. I know she's getting older every day and I want to soak up (Heh) all the little kid love I can.