My 9.5 yo daughter used my laptop & didn’t know I could see her google search on my phone

@rebeccam I love this thread so much.

In the depth of the fourth trimester I gave into the all nights awake and just started binge watching Bob's Burgers. I will forever associate Tina's groans with feeding my newborn at 3am. ❤️

@thegunhost That scene resonated with me…my zayde let me drive his Oldsmobile when I was little and I nearly hit the only thing on the lot, a big ol tree. Only time I remember him raising his voice about something, telling me to turn the wheel.

@knowledgeableindividual Lol if my parents only knew what was going on in my internet search history back in the 90s! I was in chat rooms doing not so innocent things…
The bond you have with your daughter, to express this is going to seriously come in handle as she develops. You’re in a good spot and doing a great job 👏🏼

@quint Omg. The moment we had internet in the 90s, I was ALL up in those MSN chatrooms with pedos. I freaking knew it and as a kid I thought it was so fun. I would download model photos or scan magazine pictures of girls and send them. Looking back, I'm like how naieve and what a scary ass world it was back then online. I shudder at the idea of my kids now getting online, but also feel a sense of security with more adult protections.

@knowledgeableindividual When I (21F) was your daughter’s age, I innocently googled “Harry Potter and Hermione kiss” because I liked looking at HP themed candy, and I just wanted to see if there was a giant Hershey’s kiss with my favorite characters on the wrapper. It sounds far-fetched but that was really what I was looking for, lol.

My dad saw over my shoulder. He banned me from using Google after that, which looking back was extreme and ridiculous no matter what he thought. I realized he misunderstood, but little me was I guess too upset or embarrassed to explain. Anyway, I just wanted to say this story is very wholesome, and you sound like a lovely parent!