My 3.5 y/o son is abusing the bathroom amnesty on potty talk

@soulserena My son is nonstop making poop jokes. Wife and I are very annoyed and over it. I told her let’s stop reacting to them and he will eventually stop trying to get a ride from us.

@soulserena I have found that there is a whole genre of music dedicated to potty talk music through my two boys telling our Google Home to play “poo-poo”, “pee-pee” or “fart” songs. A group called “The Toilet Bowl Cleaners” is now a personal favourite of mine.

@soulserena Yeah, when I was a kid, my preschool called these words 'bathroom words' so apparently when I was being naughty, I'd run to the bathroom and scream POO POO PEE PEE DOO DOO at the top of my lungs.

@soulserena My eldest(13) seems to enjoy giving me a daily rundown of his bowel movements and doesnt matter where you, you could be out for dinner in a crowded room and hed still y'all about it

@soulserena Do people really get so disgusted by someone talking about pee and poop around food that they can't eat? I always thought it was histrionic and never got why it's such a big deal.

Peeing and pooping are things that I don't think are any more/less appropriate for discussion or jokes or whatever than breathing or walking.

It's all based around ancient social rules where they didn't have good sanitation so pee and poop had to be ingrained into people as being filthy, taboo, and inappropriate.

It's all fine people. Pee and poop just get washed off with anti-bacterial soap and water and we carry on with our lives. It is also funny that we, such enlightened and advanced beings as we are, have to do those things - so joke away!

Back