Most comfortable carrier for sitting and doing housework for long stretches?

joefaith

I have a 7 week old who is 4.9kg. She hates to be put down during the day so I’ve got her in my arms pretty much all the time. I really need a light, soft carrier that I can comfortably lounge around the house and do simple chores I n.

I’ve tried two different carriers already but I have yet to find the perfect one for us.

I’ve tried-

Artipoppe Zeitgeist - baby loved this one and so did i (especially the fact that the straps cross over on my back) but she’s still a bit too small for me to have her in this so we’re playing the waiting game. The bottom bar is also a bit too structured for me to sit super comfortably for long stretches of time.

Sakura Bloom Ring Sling - I really wanted this one to work as I got a good deal on a second hand one but baby hates it. I’ve done the fit check and followed guidance and she still squirms and won’t settle when I have her in it. I also find it takes a little longer than I’d like to get it set up each time. Maybe I need more time to perfect the technique but for now it’s not working for us.

A lot of friends, have the ergo embrace and it looks really comfortable and soft. Is it suitable for wearing for long stretches and does it feel good on your back?

@joefaith I just got the ergo embrace after muddling through with an Omni. I find it super comfortable on my back, soft, and not too warm. My only problem is I do get tired and sore after a while, but I think that's more a function of needing to build strength and endurance than the carrier.

@joefaith I loved the Ergo Embrace. I wore it daily for 3 months. I recommend checking out Mercari or Marketplace - you can find a used one for almost half off. Ours was used and was so soft and worn in.

@joefaith I would try a woven wrap or even a stretchy wrap now that she is still little. I found the absence of a waistband very comfortable for sitting and with baby getting heavier the fabric being spread over shoulders and back makes carrying for hours at a time possible.

@joefaith I like it a lot and wear it while sitting at my computer. The problem is that i can’t find a way to support baby’s head when he falls asleep. He either mashes his face between my boobs and i worry he’ll block his airway, or he flops his head way backwards. Also it was NOT comfortable when baby was small so that you have to fold the hip strap over.

@joefaith Woven wraps is the way to go! You can tie it differently depending on if you're planning to move around or not and there are plenty of ways to wear it without having to tie it at the waist, so it's very comfortable even if you're sitting down :)

@joefaith Sakura Scout is what I plan to use if I have another. I love how light weight they are and they don’t go over the shoulder like the ergo embrace does. It also has a detachable hood for the baby when they are sleeping which is nice. I wish I bought mine earlier for contact napping.

@joefaith I want to recommend a wrap except that you say the sling takes too long to set up. The wrap is only worse, but once my baby is in it he’s tight and secure and centered, and usually goes to sleep. He’s never quite as happy in the sling.

I have a solly which I picked because it claims to be light and breathable, but actually the cotton sling is much cooler to wear.

Back