Middle v side seat for carseat

rabih

I am not sure what to do so I thought I would try to get some opinions. I need to decide whether to put the car seat in the middle with the seatbelt or on a side with the latch system.

I drive a Honda Civic coupe (ie 2 door, not 4 door). (Please don't try to convince me to buy a new car!😂 I will consider it later if it doesn't work but the coupe is what I have now and my wife owns a 4 door that I can also use.)

The civic has the LATCH system on the left and right back seats, so the baby would be better secured but near the door if there were a crash.

I could also put the seat in the middle. So he would be further from the sides in a crash but the seat would only be secured by the seat belt.

The seat I bought is the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Infant Car Seat. (https://www.gracobaby.com/car-seats...e-snugfit-35-infant-car-seat/SAP_2121500.html)

Thanks in advance for any help. 😁

@rabih Sounds like side seats are the best option. While the middle seat is the safest if all seats have the best systems, that doesn't apply to your situation. A securely fitted car seat where you can easily secure baby is absolutely best practice.

@rabih Sides. But also be sure of space back there for the car seat you’re buying. We had a small SUV and had to consider the distance between the back of the passenger seat and the backseat.

@rabih I’d recommend joining, searching and even asking in the FB group Car seats for Littles. Lots of experts on there that can give you best practice advice.

@rabih The safest position is in the middle and the next safest is behind drivers side. If you have the latches on the drivers side I’d personally put it on that side.

@rabih Wherever you can get the best install and get baby in safely is the best. Every position is just as safe if installed properly.

Back