Middle v side seat for carseat

rabih

I am not sure what to do so I thought I would try to get some opinions. I need to decide whether to put the car seat in the middle with the seatbelt or on a side with the latch system.

I drive a Honda Civic coupe (ie 2 door, not 4 door). (Please don't try to convince me to buy a new car!šŸ˜‚ I will consider it later if it doesn't work but the coupe is what I have now and my wife owns a 4 door that I can also use.)

The civic has the LATCH system on the left and right back seats, so the baby would be better secured but near the door if there were a crash.

I could also put the seat in the middle. So he would be further from the sides in a crash but the seat would only be secured by the seat belt.

The seat I bought is the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Infant Car Seat. (https://www.gracobaby.com/car-seats...e-snugfit-35-infant-car-seat/SAP_2121500.html)

Thanks in advance for any help. šŸ˜

@rabih Sounds like side seats are the best option. While the middle seat is the safest if all seats have the best systems, that doesn't apply to your situation. A securely fitted car seat where you can easily secure baby is absolutely best practice.

@rabih Sides. But also be sure of space back there for the car seat youā€™re buying. We had a small SUV and had to consider the distance between the back of the passenger seat and the backseat.

@rabih Iā€™d recommend joining, searching and even asking in the FB group Car seats for Littles. Lots of experts on there that can give you best practice advice.

@rabih The safest position is in the middle and the next safest is behind drivers side. If you have the latches on the drivers side Iā€™d personally put it on that side.

@rabih Wherever you can get the best install and get baby in safely is the best. Every position is just as safe if installed properly.

Back