Low HCG 17 dpo - 707 IU/L

@cmath02 I wonder if maybe the lab at the hospital I go to has a very different range then other places? I don’t understand how they could expect it to be 1000 at 4 weeks?

@csf What kind of clinic is this?! OB, fertility, or just normal primary care? I would absolutely get a second opinion from an OB. They’re scaring you for absolutely no reason.

My HCG was 737 at 16 DPO and 1910 at 18 DPO and my doctor said it was quite high. They even said it could be twins (it’s not). I’ve read many, many posts and comments of women with HCG levels half of mine or even lower that go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies. Do NOT let this scare you - they’re giving you bad info!

@csf I’m so sorry they’re even giving you a reason to worry. Whatever range they’re looking at clearly differs significantly from any OB I’ve ever heard of, as well as all studies I’ve read and even ACOG.

They are correct that the second HCG level is what’s most helpful to determine the viability of the pregnancy this early though. My clinic told me as long as my level rose more than 60% over 48 hours, that was a good sign.

My best advice is to try to relax and know that this is out of your hands at this point. That can be hard for some and very freeing to think about for others. I am a highly anxious person and what helps me is just telling myself that my body and the embryo will do what they’re designed to do, and if the embryo is compatible with life it will be okay. Hang in there❤️