Loss

olorin92000

Hi guys I’m gonna try to keep it as short as possible… 4/1 I found out I was pregnant. Got hcg done 4/2 and it was 19. Was not doubling appropriately and my doctor has been pushing d&c or methotrexate for weeks now. I started bleeding a couple days ago so she agreed to one more blood test to see if my hcg is going down but it is not. It was 359 on 4/22 and 453 on 4/23. Am I in danger of waiting this out longer to pass on its own? Do I need to get the injection or d&c? This doctor has been nothing but condescending and careless this entire time and I will be switching doctors and practices all together but I need to see this miscarriage out… please help

@olorin92000 Umm i would get a second opinion hcg doubles every 48 hours not 24, hcg is climbing. What other hcg draws have you had and when was your period due? Do you have pcos?

@pillywiggin Hcg levels
4/3-19
4/5-27
4/9-47
4/11-67
4/17-179
4/22-359
4/23-453
I’m not sure when my period was due… I had a chemical pregnancy early February. I do have pcos

@olorin92000 It’s impossible to say when a period will hit with pcos or when you ovulated unless tracking. Seriously second opinion, no graintee but i follow a lot if ttc communities and thats not screaming something is wrong. What’s weird is that results are supposed to be compared 48 hours apart and its all over the shop, I would say if not spotting ask the second option for a scan

@pillywiggin I started bleeding after stopping progesterone. My doctor had refused to prescribe it after getting a progesterone level of 0.48 on lab work. I asked a second dr who prescribed it. Only after being told so many times this pregnancy isn’t viable and told to stop the progesterone did I start bleeding. Which has only been since Saturday. I hate this doctor so much. I can’t wait to be done with her

@olorin92000 Thats why they are saying that you are going to miscarry, progesterone needs to be over 10 for pregnancy to be stable. Often they should increase what they give you if hcg is increasing, to include suppositories (twice a day) until the scan stage. I really think you need a new team moving forward, but given advice, progesterone and the bleeding that it is a matter if time. So sorry the numbers looked promising

@pillywiggin Unfortunately I know I’m going to miscarry. If the progesterone was caught at the beginning of the pregnancy I think it would have been fine. But regardless I just wanna wait it out and they’re trying to force d&c or methotrexate and I don’t want that 😞