Looking for reassurance. Can anyone explain why a 40 pound 4-year-old can get the same covid vaccine as a 15 pound 6-month-old?

@aussiewife My daughter is also in the Moderna trial. She was 6 months old and weighed 14 lbs when she got the first dose. Obviously all babies are different, but I was incorrectly convinced she got the placebo because she had literally zero side effects. Turns out she got the real thing.

@aussiewife For a little reassurance, my son was in the Pfizer trial and got his first at about 1 year. Barely any side effects at all (a little fussy maybe?) . Pfizer also reported really good numbers for the 6mo-2year age range even with only 2 shots so it should be roughly similar to moderna and maybe even better once all three

@wilburhentz I am not sure exactly. They did blood draws before each shot, and one month after the second and third.

For 7 days after each shot I had to fill out a daily diary with temperature and different symptoms. I also fill out a survey once a week to say if he has had any COVID symptoms