Looking for new laundry detergent for sensitive skin and allergies?

ellenp

I’ve been using All Free & Clear for around 8 years and it’s been great, no issues. With the recent reports of detergents containing 1,4 Dioxane (as I’m sure we’ve all seen by now), All was one of those making the list.

So I’m looking for suggestions! Wanting a detergent that is a tough cleaner getting clothes clean even on cold water. (I do a lot of cold water loads to preserve clothing colors).

I’ve looked at these options and curious everyone’s thoughts and experiences! Cheers!
  • Making my own (baking soda, washing soda, epsom salt, sea salt combo)
  • Molly’s Suds Liquid Detergent
  • ECOS Plant Powered Free & Clear w/ Enzymes
  • Whole Foods Organic Unscented
  • Buff City Soap Unscented Laundry Detergent

@ellenp I use the ecos magnolia and Lily (bc that's what my Costco has) and run only cold water loads and it works great. Son has eczema that seems to be pretty seasonal so I don't think it's an issue there. Husband and I have generic adult sensitive skin and have no problems with it

@ellenp I use biokleen and really like it. My husband is sensitive to scents, so I only choose fragrance free (even no essential oils if I can help it). However, we don’t have eczema to deal with in our house, so can’t speak to that. I almost only wash in cold water and think it works well! I get it online but just saw Whole Foods sells it. It’s VERY concentrated, so it lasts a long time.

@ellenp Currently using mollys. Just switched and it’s okay - I have a huge washer and it doesn’t really seem to get all the stains out. I may be overloading it. But I have three young kids and I just want the random stains to come out.

@iada Thanks! Reading the ingredients it seems Molly’s Suds powder is the same as the homemade recipe (baking soda, washing soda, sea salt, pure epsom salt) that went viral recently!