Little things that solidify OAD

gabriel1986

We are potty training our only (2 y/o boy).
It’s been one hour, and I’ve already cleaned up poop in my house 3 times. I was not made for potty training. My son definitely agrees.
All I can think is, “I am never doing this again.”
Send help.
🫠

@gabriel1986 dude i’m never going thru that Circle of Hell™️ ever again it was awful bullshit lmfao

my kid was one who was “scared” to poop. like seriously, fear and constipation. she didn’t wanna “let go” of her poop. it was a part of her.

it was levels of hell. her pain and suffering, doing all the tricks and rewards systems, losing my mind, little kid enemas.

@gabriel1986 Omg. I was nannying another little one the same age as my daughter when it came time to potty train. It made sense to potty train both girls at the same time since they were together all day. I thought it might even be a little easier because they'd "learn from each other".

Guys. I was so naive.

I spent weeks playing the "who pooped here?" game and chasing two toddlers around with pants and toilet paper all day. It was...traumatic. 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

@gabriel1986 Potty training was a big part of the decision for me. I absolutely hate having to clear up toilet messes of any kind. I’ve found it very difficult to be positive or even neutral throughout. After a while I’ve got to the neutral stage but I can’t say it comes naturally.

@husbandfather I believe I mostly did Oh Crap but honestly I just did what my friend did (she read oh crap) and gave me the general idea. Our LO is in daycare and we did no pants for a regular weekend - she mostly had it down by the second day, with a few accidents at daycare the first week. Her daycare provider was fine with this, we talked about it in advance, so ymmv there too!

@gabriel1986 I thought my son was going to go college in diapers. He and I shed so many tears during potty training. I for sure will not be doing that again. Hang in there! It does get better!!

@gabriel1986 Seriously! My son is 3.5 years old, in daycare full time, so lots of practice, and is STILL not poop potty trained. Unfortunately, I will never have another child again because potty training is just so demanding. He’s almost 4 and we started at 2.5!! 🤬