K’tan active vs Konny air mesh

_epoh_

I have both of the originals of these- the baby k’tan and the konny flex (adjustable). I’m not sure which I like more. The k’tan has nice fabric but it’s thicker. The konny doesn’t get tangled and can be cinched so it’s easier but maybe not as comfortable?

Anyways, we’re in the sierras for the summer and it’s going to be pretty warm so I wanted to get a more breathable option. Any recommendations? Maybe there’s a carrier out there that’s better than both of these?

@_epoh_ How much does your baby weigh? Stretchy carriers are only going to be supportive up to ~15lbs, so unless your baby is a fresh newborn I wouldn’t buy additional carriers in that style.

Linen carriers tend to be the coolest, like a single layer linen ring sling.

@pitcharan He’s 12 lbs but the baby k’tan and konny are rated for much higher. We also have a happy baby carrier I loved with my first but since baby is still so tiny I prefer the more stretchy comfy ones

@_epoh_ I haven't used the K'tan but if it's about coolness, the Konny air mesh can't be beat in my opinion. My husband gets very sweaty, very easily and it's basically the only carrier he'll use -- linen or cotton doesn't cut it for him. It's the closest you can get to just feeling like it's only the baby making you warm.

@auntym Ah thanks for sharing! I’m leaning towards that one because I prefer the back to the two loops that can get twisted. Is the fabric soft?

@_epoh_ I also have the original that I use all the time and that feels more like a soft cotton shirt sort of fabric. The mesh feels more synthetic and very, very light, almost like a mesh sports vest? Not sure if I'd necessarily consider it soft but it's very smooth and not scratchy or uncomfortable by any means. It's soft enough that it's the carrier that my baby likes chewing on the most when she's in it, in any case 😅

Back