It's been 7 days since I haven't had my period. Should I be worried?

pioraryap

Recently started taking pills. I started on January 6, 2024 while I had my period. Then got my second bleeding on Jan. 29- Feb. 2. I've been taking it on time and consistently, my concern now is that I haven't gotten my bleeding for 7 days. But I have been having painful cramps.

Well, I think one of the reasons I'm not sure of is because I've been lifting heavy weight in the gym and my diet has been ugly (

@pioraryap there could be many reasons why this is happening, one being the pills are messing with your cycle due to your body getting used to the hormones in the pill. Excessive exercise and diet can also cause this also if you’re worried the stress and anxiety could do this as well. take a test to ease your mind!

@pioraryap It sure can be because of your diet and also because of the sport - I also experienced things like these. Right now I should be menstruating also (I have to start my new pack tonight) but because stress and sickness I didn’t get my period this time. It can be frustrating but it happens sometimes. What I do is that I always have pregnancy tests at home so when my period is not like the usual or just doesn’t happen I take one and that helps me not to stress about it.

@phil4367 I took a test today and it came back negative. I'm just worried that it's late. Should I try ginger juice? I've heard from my friends that it induces a period idk if it works

@pioraryap When I wasn’t on birth control I tried a lot of things to make my period late or get it sooner but they never helped me. You can try there’s no harm in it but these are not too successful methods. I suggest just to do everything normally and if you have issues next time also (you can take tests later too if you’re stressed about being pregnant) you should talk to your gyno. Maybe this is too much hormone for you and that’s why your period disappeared or something like this.