Im at about 2 weeks now with 2/3 hours of broken sleep. I’m now in work on a 12 hour shift

cph

Iv never felt exhaustion to this extent, my job involves managing groups of people and I can’t have a conversation im that tired.

Any tips ? Iv had 2 energy drinks and feel like it’s made it worse. My baby is 16 months and has slept great until recently, really eating my words here when iv previously been saying how good she has been at sleeping. Her back teeth are coming in so she’s in agony and we just have to ride it out.

@cph IU don't know what your life schedule is. You don't have to share it. What worked for me is shifts at home. My wife doesn't work, so it was a little easy for me. When she was asleep, I took care of the kids. When I needed to sleep for work, she took care of the kids. I was averaging 5 to 6 hours a day. Many days were less than that. We made it through. Now they are 10 and 8. The 10 yo still doesn't sleep through the night. Good luck. Stay strong. You got this.

@cph Shifts at home, mate. Anything you are feeling make sure your wife knows. Tip for new kids: find a time to rest or your body will make a time to rest- and it won’t be pretty.

@cph If it’s really bad talk to your doctor about getting modafinil or Ritalin to help keep you alert for a short while. It’s better to have help and keep your job and take care of your kids.

@cph You need to make a schedule with your wife. There is no reason to not have at least decent sleep with one child and two parents.

If baby is waking up a few times a night every three hours, that means you should be able to get a 5-6 hour window of solid sleep.

@cph This post screams “both parents get up every time the baby cries”

You’re 16 mo in and not doing that, so I’m gonna assume your spouse won’t let you.

If so, here’s some real talk that might be useful with the partner: if you have two parents but aren’t doing shifts you’re endangering the baby. It’s not safe for a child to be cared for by zombies. God forbid either of you has to drive a car. You wouldn’t get hammered and drive with the kid, would you? This is the same.

If you’re a single dad I’m so sorry for making assumptions