I not sure if i should tell anyone at work i am a single larent

iamdayton

For background info, I do a white collar job and work environment can be competitive (at least I am). Being a single parent doesn't interfere with my work hours but it makes travelling close to impossible.

Now, my job is NOT a travelling job but I sometimes have to travel for a week once or twice a year.

I am confused if I should use me being a single parent to get someone else to travel (which j don't think will look good for me) or I should just suck it up, and leave my kid somewhere (I have no idea where, I don't know how single parents can travel...kid is two n half)....

Should I tell boss at work or not tell until I really have to travel and decide then?

@iamdayton Wait until you are at the job more than three months and know that you fit and and they like your work.

Then take your boss asside and explain that you can travel but you need some extra notice because you have to make extra arrangements.

My mother usually flys in and watched the spawn while I worked. Or my ex husband watches her. Or her other grandparents. Take this time to sort out who can.