I L O V E my Nexplanon

@embemboo Seeing this make me thrilled for you! I have a couple people in my life that absolutely love it! It’s stories like theirs (and yours) that made me eager to try it.
Unfortunately my experience was not like yours.

However, seeing things like this remind me how wonderful things like this are for the right people. It also really solidifies the fact that birth control isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ type of thing.

@embemboo I have had mine for two years and I love it. It's been mostly blood free (I'm spotting right now and I hope it doesn't last too long), and it's so worth it for the peace of mind. I'm glad I got it as well.

@jackflash101 I’ve heard some women take the pill for like a month and it clears up the spotting? Might be something you want to discus with your doctor, I didn’t have a problem with spotting so I’m not 100% sure

@embemboo Same!!! I've had mine for a year and honestly the only thing I can fault it on is now my periods are a tiny little bit more painful and can sometimes be a month or two away from regularity but it's a small price to pay for not gagging on pills, no headaches/migraines and a quicker return on fertility if I ever want another kid.

@embemboo I definitely love my nexplanon and I’ve had it for about 2 years and 2 months! But recently I’ve been getting my period much longer lasting about 5-8 days then it stopping for around 2-3 days then I have irregular spotting and old blood?? Like I was wondering if anyone else had this happen. I’m getting kinda worried and feel like I might have to get it removed sooner or that it’s “wearing” off too quickly! HELP

@bllee5 The dose gets lower over time so your side effects (including bleeding) might change a bit but it is still effective for the full 3 years, with some studies even showing it effective for 4 and 5 years with zero pregnancies.

Funnily enough I've had my implant for the same amount of time as you, but I had more spotting/bleeding the first 2 years and just the last two months I've had way less spotting than usual.

@embemboo Just wanted to pipe in with my experience. Overall I love my Nexplanon but. Like so many of you, I would go months with no period followed by months of eternal light bleeding. It was annoying, but when I started using the Ziggy menstrual cup (reuseable, can't feel it, clean sex, rinse out only 2x a day) my life became infinitely better. My husband can't even tell when I have it in even while we were having sex.

Point is, I don't hate periods nearly to the degree as I did before. With the implant, it got lighter and less painful and the Ziggy cup it is cleaner and has less of of an impact of my overall life.

I'm not am affiliate or anything, just a huge fan.

Back