I just took my first nap in months!

mjes

My daughter just turned 16 months. We just sold our house, husband has a new job in the next state over and lives there m-f and come home on the weekend. So it’s me, my daughter and our two dogs M-F. We just bought a home. I’m cleaning out our house and my classroom as we make this move. I’m exhausted. Thank god my daughter sleeps 2 hours for her nap. I had a crazy week with work ( teacher and last week of school) and I for once took a nap. I feel like a new woman lol. I can’t imagine trying to wrangle a toddler and a newborn. I love that we are one and done and oh the glorious mid day nap is so great. Hang in there those with younger babies. It gets good. Yes lots of running around and boundless energy. But when you can nap yourself and it’s one of those deep naps lol I’m happy to be OAD.

@mjes Currently sitting on my couch

I was just thinking how horrible it would be to have one down for a nap and the other one needing tending to.
I think I am good.
Plus, my husband and I are sending some funny messages back and forth and I know that would not be the case with two kids.
I love my husband and I love my son. My cup is full!!!

@mjes It was the saddest day when my daughter stopped napping (she's now 6, so it's been a minute.) We used to nap/nurse, where we'd both lie in bed. I could rest and read, and it was always great.

Now I only get those breaks when my spouse takes her out and about.

This is one of those moments, fortunately. She's at gymnastics class, my spouse is holed up at a cafe waiting for her, and I'm at home, gloriously alone (save for the dogs, but they're old and DGAF).

I just took a low dose edible, have a glass of good cab in my hand, and am stretched out on the sofa reading "Crying in H Mart." Life is good.

Congrats on finishing the school year, and on being able to take a nap! I am raising my glass in toast to you!!

@mjes My son is 16 months and naps when he does have been my survival. I cannot imagine how that would ever happen with more than one. I had a pregnancy scare recently and it pushed me towards definite one and done - happy tears when I got my period!

@mjes I used to nap occasionally when my daughter napped when she was little (I was a sahm). She’s 9 now and I take a nap every Saturday. It’s wonderful.

@mjes Yes! Just took a break from doing some work and saw someone post a picture of their baby bump while their first is my daughters age. I cringed just thinking of that, and am content to have one.

Former teacher (I’m now SAHM) and hubs teaches college and is on break for about three months. I’m definitely enjoying being able to tag-team our one so we each get time to do our own things!

@mjes I was unable to nap, even on the rare occasion I tried, until about the same age. I still remember the day I finally tried. I had to try several times for it to work but one day I was just so tired that I did it. Then I believed in my ability to rest. I seem to gain and lose the ability to actually nap over time based on different situations (like changing medication, situational anxiety), but I still always make a point to lay down and close my eyes for at least half an hour. Even that can help me feel refreshed enough to make a difference.

@mjes My 10-month-old will only nap if she’s in a baby carrier on one of us, but my husband takes her for naps often and sometimes I get to sneak a nap in too. Currently typing this from the bath while husband is hanging with the baby. One and done is the way for me!

@discombobulated1 Next year that will be more of my schedule. In Indiana they start at end of July and get out before Memorial Day. In Michigan they start after Labor Day and get our mid June

@mjes I freaking love the long midday toddler nap. Yes, it breaks up our day and we can't really do full-day stuff (and it's hard to get tickets to go places as I don't know what time he'll wake up) but oh - the opportunity to nap too! I'mma cry when the kid drops his nap lol. But yesss I can't imagine putting one down for a nap and having to deal with the other. I need my sleep. OAD it is !!