I hate the notion that SAHPs are gold diggers/lazy

@choosehappiness My friend found herself as admin of the local mommy FB group, it was overrun by spam and the person who had it didn’t want to do it anymore.

First change was renaming it from “Moms” to “Parents”.

@joaa And it can be quite fun. I also like that by being the one that handles the cooking and shopping, I get to eat a whole lot more of what I want to and like. If I want to drop everything and just go to the zoo or museums with my kids for the day. I think more men need to grasp doing this because the kids benefit so much from having both parents available to experience the smaller parts of life.

@daryle I'm sick of the comments and posts by SAHP asking if they should send their kids to daycare because they're missing out. Like we are selfish to keep our kids home.

There's advantages to daycare just like anything, but there's no better place for a young kid than home with a SAHP. Let's be real. Not saying daycare is a bad place, but if you're staying home with your kid do not feel bad that your kid is missing out on daycare. It's unbelievable to me that this is a common thought.

@ayopaul Also kids don't really remember daycare. How can I say I missed out on an experience when I have to be told who watched me when I was that young? While it likely guided how I turned out as a person, I simply don't remember who watched me from newborn to 3yo and I don't care. Parents should choose what works best for them.

@nevadabest I think it's the best case scenario, yeah, but I don't like to say they'll be better than the kids in daycare since a good chunk of kids are. I think there's advantages and disadvantages. I think kids in daycare for example talk more quickly and pick up a lot from seeing other kids do things. Interaction is better probably.

@daryle Facts. Keeping house and home and raising children is the hardest, most rewarding, and most important jobs anyone can have. It is a travesty that this is looked down upon.

Back