I got Taylor Swift tickets for me and my 14 y.o. daughter and she doesn’t want me to go

@caterpillar5 Dad of 6, simply invite her to come along. This is what I'm doing on this date and time. Wanna come along?

If she immediately says no, ask if she's sure. Then wait 24 hours. If she still doesn't want to go, then I'll go with you.!

@caterpillar5 It's not up for debate. How or why her friend is asking you to pass your ticket to her instead is definitely rude. But do you think she's acting alone? Do you suspect that your daughter may have suggested that she text you because it's strange that she would be so brazen on her own, especially given the context. And the fact that your daughter is also asking her to pass it along to her 'bestie' makes that seem plausible. If they're conspiring on how to pry that ticket from your hands, I'd really consider going with your sister. You don't want to be punitive but you still have to be assertive enough so that they both know that they need to drop the notion that somehow they will be going to the concert together.

Back