i genially dont know what to do or where to ask for help

bryame

my grandma took me in after i moved out of my moms house and things have been going well. But school. My grandma told me if i got any F's with no missing assignments im ok bc nothing u can do about it. I used to have almost all F's but since i moved in a year ago my grandma has been helping me.... but not in a good way. For the past few months i got my phone taken away bc i had 3 f's which is understandable. So i had to get better with my grades. Now itsa new semester and im doing so much better. 2 A's and one B. But one f all bc i didnt finish a test for a history class bc Jr High had to take SAT's. My grandma knows that. There was 2 D's. no missing assignments. i thought i was ok. but nope. i got yelled at and she told me if i get 2 F's shes taking MY OWN cat away. (im now 18 btw) but her house her rules. i was ok ill try. i did till one assignment i didnt too well one and that dropped to an f. my grandma yelled at me for it. she told me "if you get one more F' everything will me gone and i will burn it except all ur special items and ur cat and the other cat (which is supposed to be her cat) will be going to the pound." I cant stop crying and i feel like if i tell my therapist or dad they will think im overreacting and nothing will happen. I cant talk to her because it will be "talking back".

@bryame I'm sympathetic to you, because that's awful to threaten that sort of thing, I hope you're able to escape that situation soon

But also like, why do you keep getting Fs? Are you in super hard classes or something? Do you have a learning disability?

@lorenharp the only reason y i do is because some of the assignments are kinda hard and i do ask for help. but a lot of times i dont finish them on time and have to turn it in the way it is

@bryame
i didnt finish a test for a history class bc Jr High had to take SAT

This doesn't make sense. Why didn't you take the SAT on Saturday? If the school organized the SAT, why didn't your teacher organize a makeup test? If your grandmother knew about the conflict and the school and teacher were giving you the runaround, why didn't she schedule a parent-teacher conference to better understand, and hopefully fix, this mess?

Your grandmother is setting reasonable standards and creating reasonable consequences.

Back