How to dispose soft poop

@klewanne I can’t get over how unsanitary this seems… but I know it’s a very common practice. I currently use the (separate) bidet, but also worry I’m just spraying poop water all over the bathroom. 🤢

@calebes It's a super common practice and honestly, the number of times I read about it before starting to cloth diaper was enough to turn me off of cloth diapers entirely. I stumbled upon someone talking about a bidet and spray pal one day and only then did I think "yes, I can do that". When I get baby poop on my hands it's not a big deal, but the thought of dunking my hands straight into residue of the poop from whoever has pooped in my toilet? Zero chance. I'd have to boil my skin off.

@calebes I think I'm just desensitized because I'm a nurse and literally spend 90% of my work day changing dirty diapers on the elderly. My husband is more squeamish. If you wash your hands well after its really not a big deal.

After they are rinsed, I wring out what excess water I can and keep the damp diapers in a small pail beside the toilet until wash day (every 3 days)

@phideltbeers I have a utility sink in our mud/laundry room. I thoroughly rinse every poopy diaper right after I change the baby. After they’re rinsed I toss the insert, flat, and dirty cover in an open wash basin that lives on top of the washer. Every few days I do the diapers. Pee diapers go in a mesh laundry bag and clothes go in a separate mesh laundry bag in her bedroom. Lots of air gets to everything, so nothing stinks too bad.

@phideltbeers We kept a small lidded bucket next to our diaper pail, and poop diapers went in there to be sprayed off at the end of the day. I don’t know why your diapers wouldn’t be able to be sprayed? We installed a handheld bidet and sprayed, it makes really quick work of it and you don’t have to touch poop at all.

@phideltbeers I have a simple bidet sprayer connected to the toilet and a cheap plastic clipboard type thing with a curved shield for containing splatters. Spray it into the toilet nothing else worked for me. Every other option smeared and made a bigger mess.

@_ajayy_2014 Yes, this. We love our Aquaus SprayMate, got it second hand lol. It’s made potty training better too, since we just spray the undies that would potentially otherwise be tossed.

Aquaus SprayMate Cloth Diaper Sprayer Splatter Shield - Perfect for Rinsing Cloth Diapers, Bedpans, Potty Seat Bowls and More! Ergonomic Design Prevents Splattering - 100% Made in The USA https://a.co/d/1Niv4UL

@phideltbeers I do this too! I bought 2 small garbage cans from the dollar store. Cut the bottom off one and sometimes I use designated chip clips to hold the diaper, or I just use gloved hands to hold the diaper and spray them off into the toilet. When I'm done using it the "wet" garbage can goes right into the dry one and it keeps the floor somewhat clean

@recoveringfaith I did this too except I drilled 1/2" (or whatever the biggest drill bit I had was) sized holes in the bottom instead of cutting the bottom off. I was afraid I'd flush a wipe if I cut the whole bottom out.

@jean100 Oh great! I mean It doesn’t sound fun but I see how that would get most of the poop out before the wash!

Do you do it immediately post poop or on wash days?

Back