Intro and questions re: Milk and Baby halter kangaroo top and general nursing wear

@theologypoet Nursing cami style tanks and a loose regular shirt or button down from my normal wardrobe overtop ended up being my go to first time round, and three weeks in to number two I'm delighting in having a stack of nursing tanks to hang out in and throw a shirt over if I want to look more presentable. I have six and often go through two a day with leaks. I also have three stretchy nursing bras that I prefer overnight. We're doing a load of newborn related laundry every other day right now, that gets better.

Don't panic if engorgement bursts you out of everything, find one or two really loose tops that are easy in the armpits to survive the first two days and then things settle a bit. (At least for me, YMMV)

I also like the cheap nuk reusable nursing pads as much as anything fancier and much more than disposables. First months are hella leaky for me.

@theologypoet My baby was born in the winter and honestly I was perfectly content with sports bras, and regular cardigans and tanks. 99% I nursed at home or in a relatively private plays and I just whipped them out.

We are an one income family. I preferred not to buy a whole new wardrobe for a possible very short period. I brought a couple of nursing bras though but I quickly made the switch to sports bras. I only have a c cup though.

Back