How did u organize ur entrence

thatoldsailboat

The room we come in is 7x9 (doors on both 9ft walls face to face on the left)

We are remodeling it, it will be stripped down.

We will be 7. Should 1 put hooks? School lockers? What's the best way to organize it? I want space for guest too. Maybe a place to store winter coat?

@thatoldsailboat Have you checked IKEA? We bought our entryway coat rack for a decent price from there. It has 6 double hooks, a bench, then cubby holes underneath to put shoes or whatever you want in them.

@thatoldsailboat We don't do 'lockers' per se but one wall of our foyer is a combination cubby dresser and shoe bin, each child gets a cubby to put their backpack in and shoes are sorted by girl/boy/size. Another wall I put two long horizontal coat hooks side by side to make coat/sweater/hat/dog leash storage. For a family of 9 it mostly keeps things clean and organized.

@thatoldsailboat I’m still trying to find the perfect spy for us. But the only thing that I’d say is perfect for us at this point is the shoe rack. I used a curtain rod attached to the wall the shoes then fit in between the wall and the rod. I’m thinking of adding a second rack for shoes we don’t use as much, and going to tile the wall at some point.

@thatoldsailboat Do you have to deal with snow and cold weather? That's a huge difference in terms of how much storage you need. You also don't want to be jamming wet or snowy clothes into a musty locker. It'll smell pretty quick

@thatoldsailboat Yeah I'm in BC. Have 4 small kids, planning a similar remodel. We are planning a built in hallway tree with 6 pockets, cabinets with doors up high for out of season and misc items, 3 hooks per cubby (heavy jacket, light jacket, snow pants) a seat large enough to set a backpack down and still sit in front of it, with cushion, and a slide out basket beneath the seat (wicker or otherwise) for in season stuff (mitts, hats, scarves, sunnies, sunscreen, bugspray)

Brainstorming on boot and shoe storage. Want to make something that has a heater built in and a bunch of pipes sticking out the side so that the kids can jam all their mitts, boots, hats on them and they'll dry. Thinking a standard shoe rack with a large upright panel on the side, similar to ski boot drying racks. This will probably have to be in our garage as we don't have room

@thatoldsailboat In my entry way, we have a shoe rack with space for guests and a coat closet where I keep a box for our reusable shopping bags and one for our masks, a shelf for our wallets, purse, diaper bag, and umbrellas, and a key ring for all of our keys on the wall. There is also room for guest jackets and such. I like to keep my entry way pretty stripped down and neat, so any seasonal shoes or coats go back to everyone’s bedroom closets.

My sister has a bench with cubbies underneath for shoes, hooks for coats and bags, and a shelf up above for hats and things. She finds it easy for everyone to just toss their shoes on the floor and their jackets on the bench and it’s never as organized as she would like.

@thatoldsailboat We are soon 6 (kids are 6 and under), and we have a two shelf shoe bench along an entire wall (furthest from the two doors in our entryway) and then some sturdy hooks for everyone. Each hook has a top bend that suits well for backpacks and two hooks for jackets/bags/other things. So far its working well, with everyone knowing where to put their shoes and find them again, and everyone hanging their own stuff up.