Here and optimistic

eddyc123

On here b/c I’m 41 and have been trying to conceive for 1.5 years. I’ve had 4 IUIs (resulted in 1 pregnancy which I miscarried at 6 weeks) and 1 IVF (2 embryos are being tested).
Seems there’s a mix of pregnancies that are surprises as well as success after TTC. Anyone who has stories of pregnancies after 40 and tips would really help me out. Thanks!

@eddyc123 Hi!!!

I am 43 and about to give birth to my first kiddo in about 2 days!! (EDD 05/26/24).

The hubs and I started TTC in March 2022. 8 months later, no success, so we moved to IUI. It failed. So by December 2022, we started IVF.

Our first egg retrieval went very well. We got 4 blasts, but none made it past PGT-A. It was devastating. The second round was just as good, again with 4 blasts and no euploids after PGT-A.

I switched clinics for my 3rd round and got a new protocol. This time, we got 8 blasts, and 3 were euploids!!!

We did a frozen transfer, and she stuck! And now we are ready to welcome her into the world.

For my 1st two retrievals, I stopped drinking coffee, I stopped a lot of things that I saw online or was told were not good... I basically stopped living life.

For my 3rd round, I drank coffee, I had cake, I had a glass of wine here and there, i kept a moderate exercise regimen.

I am glad and grateful our transfer worked. And God willing, I will do it 2 more times with our remaining embabies.

What an amazing story, thank you for sharing! Incredible that you got success with the new protocol, and 3 euploids!! I too am not drinking coffee and taking all the supplements and vitamins. Just found out our blasts did not make it past PGT-A. I think it might be worthwhile to lighten up on the strict diet. Wishing you all the very best with your new baby girl :)

Back