Help us pick a baby girl name

malibumom

Please help us...we are very torn between baby girl names.
We have three front runners

1) Josie Adalyn Lennon
2) Brooke Josie Lennon
3) Holly Josie Lennon

Issues we are finding....

Surname is Lennon which can be a bit of a tongue twister with some first names....i.e. Holly has a double L and with the L and double nn in a surname it may be a mouthful??

Also concerned how people (we are from Australia) will pronounce Josie....would you say Jo-sea or Jo-zee?

Please let us know your favourite and your thoughts on pronunciation of Josie.

Thanks so much 🙏

@malibumom Definitely don’t do Holly Josie, the two ‘ie’ sounds back to back are kind of awkward.

My personal favorite is Josie Adalyn, by that’s really only because I was traumatized by Brooke Hayes, the mean girl from lps popular when I was like… 8

(Never actually met a mean Brooke irl tho)

@malibumom The "L" sounds in general are a bit difficult to say all in a row. Keep in mind that 99% of the time, people will just say the first and last name (no middle) so Holly Lennon becomes a bit difficult to say. 1 and 2 are nice!

@malibumom I think Josie Adelaide would be really pretty! I say zee but in the US, so I'm unsure how it is said in Australia. Sorry! Oops, also just realized Adelaide may not be the best option depending where you live. 😅 Adelyn just feels more trendy to me. Adeline may be another alternative though I still think Adelaide is prettiest of those.

Back