Help me identify this used stash

zumbachick

here’s the stash!
Reposted as I posted late at night a few days ago and got no traction. Trying again! Warning - long post asking for a lot of help!

I bought a pretty large stash of mostly prefolds and some random inserts for $40… couldn’t pass up the deal! This isn’t even what the original haul was, some of it I got rid of as it was just too stained after bleaching. The woman getting rid of this stuff said her son was now 11 so some of these brands don’t even seem to be around anymore!

I would appreciate any help in identifying/explaining the stash (i mean i get prefolds but not 100% sure on inserts/boosters).
I would also like advice on what else to buy - the covers in this stash are pretty old and I’ll likely purchase new ones anyways.
I’m due in December and we are hoping for a soft start into cloth when we feel ready. I know there are newborn prefolds in here so we will try to use them. We are having a boy and I’m staying home for at least 1 year so I’m confident we can succeed with cloth.
  1. 3 yellow/blue stitched diaper liners. Slightly smaller than the rainbow bunch.
  2. 9 rainbow stitched diaper liners? Not sure what to call these or which covers they’d go in. No button/Velcro
  3. 2 velcro inner diapers
  4. 1 button inner diaper
  5. Oops - this is another Velcro inner but slightly different than #3
  6. 8 orange newborn prefolds
  7. 5 yellow prefolds
  8. 4 Waterproof liner holders? gDiapers brand
  9. 1 green prefold
  10. 5 ? Microfiber boosters/inserts? Brand unknown. Has buttons
  11. 2 peanut shaped inserts
  12. 2 smaller sized inserts/boosters - 1 label says bumgenius
  13. 8 inserts/boosters (no buttons)
  14. 2 fleece (?) boosters - gDiapers. 1 side soft fleece and the other side not as soft.
One - 8 medium fuzzibunz pocket diapers (i think). Have a large pocket at the back - the rainbow stitched liners seem to fit in well
Two - 1 happy heini’s pocket diaper cover
Three - 2 bummi’s size large cover? Has mesh lining
Four - 4 bummi’s super whisper wrap
Five - 1 gDiapers little g pants - the orange liner things - #8 below must snap into these but not this size, and unfortunately i didn’t get more of these cute covers in the stash.
Six - 1 bummi’s newborn super snap
Seven - 1 isme vimse diaper cover

Edited for formatting - had to change numerals to words for second list

@zumbachick 6 & 7 could also be Nicki’s diapers prefolds. https://nickisdiapers.com/products/nickis-diapers-cotton-prefold-cloth-diapers-6-pack

Also the ones you are calling “velcro inner” diapers are referred to as fitted diapers if you want to go search the internet for more. :)

Oh also, I can’t tell what they are all made of. But if any of the inserts are microfiber, they are not supposed to directly touch the skin. Too drying. But many places have an insert that is microfiber layers and on one side one layer of fleece which can touch the kid. Some inserts just have microfiber and are meant to be stuffed into a pocket diaper or used underneath a top layer to add absorbency.

@zumbachick 8 are gDiaper liners and 14 is a gDiaper insert, but you’re missing the covers for the set that makes it work. The discontinued production during the pandemic, so you might find some secondhand - likely FB or Mercari.

6, 7, and 9 look like Green Mountain prefolds. Color is size, and as long as they’re not hole-y, they’re fabulous. We’ve used them as rags once they’re too far gone to be diapers.

10 isn’t Thirsties if it has buttons. Their pocket inserts have a snap or doublers will have a small pin hole where the plastic tab went through the top.

Honestly, if you have covers & all this - I would just play with combinations to see what works. Things like microfiber will absorb quickly but compress and leak with volume. Hemp/cotton holds a ton, but doesn’t catch it all if it gets flooded.

@zumbachick The orange and yellow prefolds are likely Green Mountain Diapers sized prefolds (orange is newborn, yellow is small), but that’s all I know/feel.

I feel like I’ve seen most of these before, because I diapered my godson 10-12 years ago with a mostly secondhand stash, but I can’t remember the brand names and a LOT of brands have gone out of business since then.

Oh, and the one with mesh lining is likely a swim diaper!

@44sunset Thank you!! Yes on the limited info I could find, seems like some of these business are no longer around. Still hoping to get some good use out of these and hopefully i don’t become too attached to want more!

@zumbachick Almost everything I loved then is no longer available for us to buy new. Shockingly, a lot of it was still in great condition and will get a third life with our baby for as long as it lasts! Wishing you the same luck!

Back