Help determining if this ring sling is safe?

mattsprayer25

Hello, I am a first time mom due March 1st and I was recently gifted this ring sling from my sister.

I am wondering if any kind humans on this sub could help me determine if this sling is safe for my future daughter?

This is an album of images of the sling
I have not seen anything like it in my limited experience researching ring slings on the internet. I have no clue where my sister got this from, but I'm assuming it was from a neighbor.

The fabric measures at a little over 30 inches wide and 69 inches long, I am not sure what the fabric is made out of, it's fairly thin and translucent and is not stretchy just very wrinkled.

The ring seems way smaller than any ring sling I have ever seen before, measuring a little under 1.5 inches wide and 1 inch tall. The ring has a flat side which is not something I've seen before either.

My gut is leaning towards this being not safe and I wouldn't be upset if I couldn't use it. I have a woven wrap that I am very excited to use but I imagine it would be nice to try something lighter as well.

If anyone has experience which a sling like this I would appreciate any help! C:

Thank you for reading and do take care.

@mattsprayer25 Those weld marks definitely mean the “rings” aren’t safe. I’d let your sister know that the best thing to do with it is to either throw it away or destroy it so no one else is able to use it. It may have sentimental value to whomever she got it from. It’s most likely homemade. Then let them decide what to do with it.

@faith78 I was planning on just throwing it away but I should probably tell her first. I feel really nervous when I think about trying to approach the subject, I know my sister cares a lot about her future niece and would never want to give something that could be potentially unsafe. I worry a lot about her feeling bad. Thank you for your help!

Back