HCG Disappointment (6 weeks)

marianat

Feeling pretty down right now. I just got my second HCG results back and they aren’t anywhere near where I thought they’d be. I hear doubling every 72 hours can be okay, but I have a bad feeling about this. I had a miscarriage back in September of last year (in which my HCG was actually very high) and it crippled me. I haven’t gotten as emotionally invested in this pregnancy as a result but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t extremely disappointed.

Date of first beta hCG: 2/13 (4w6d)

First beta value: 135

Date of second beta hCG: 2/20 (6w0d)

Second beta value: 678

Results:

2 Day change = 58.6 % increase.

7.000000011574074 Day change = 402.2 % increase.

Doubling time = 3 days or 72.15 hours

UPDATE: I began bleeding red yesterday 2/23. I got my levels checked immediately and they had dropped to 611 so it’s official that this is my second loss. Wishing anyone reading this all the best wherever they’re at in their journey. I’m rooting for you.

@marianat I'm sorry your numbers are not doubling quicky. It is not going down so that's good. Maybe it is a late bloomer? However, my first pregnancy was a slow rise and it turned out to be a chemical. :(

@dnick Thank you for the encouragement. When my doctor’s office called earlier they told me not to worry as both levels are within range and technically doubled. They want to test HCG again in a week.

@marianat I’m so sorry for your loss 🥹I’ve had two miscarriages since the birth of my stillborn daughter (@33weeks gestation) and it truly sucks and is unfair 😔
It may take time but don’t give up ❤️

@forjesuschrist Thank you for taking the time to send some encouragement. I really need it.

I’m so sorry for your losses. Losing your daughter just sounds unimaginable. My heart breaks reading that. You’ll be in my thoughts. ❤️