Has anyone used the new Hubble Connected Nursery Pal Baby Monitor?

2withjesus

In theory the Hubble Monitor is exactly what I want - it has a camera that can be wall-mounted, comes with a 5” device I can use at home and connects to an app that I can use when I’m away.

However, it’s a fairly new product and every review I’ve found has been from a promotion so I am not sure if this product is actually decent.

Has anyone used this product? If so, what’re your thoughts?

@2withjesus I don't think we have this exact model but we have a Hubble monitor from my son from about two years ago. We wanted it because it could connect to our phones wherever we went. Loooove it. The phone app really is our favorite part. Ours plays music too which we used more than we anticipated. Ours also has a microphone which helped immensely!

@2withjesus I've had mine for 3 months and love it. You're reasons listed are why I went with it - I can access the camera while I am at work and have the handheld unit for the nanny to use so I don't have to provide her access via cell phone. I LOVE that is records him during the night, which shows that he is truly sleeping through the night and I'm not just not hearing him. I do wish the quality was a little bit better, but it has everything I wanted in a camera.

@2withjesus Posting for anyone looking to buy...

I've had nothing but problems with my Hubble camera. It was fine out if the box but after a month I connected it to wifi to try the app. It automatically updated and now the video in the handheld unit is laggy and flashes. Support has tried to get me to do any and everything to trigger an update for the handheld unit but nothing works. After 5 weeks of "waiting" for the update to be installed they are finally sending me a replacement unit. It's been a week so who knows if I'll have to fight to have that actually sent to me.

Apparently they have no mechanism to update the parental units without it just checking in and receiving it from the camera own its own accord. So I've owned a useless baby monitor longer than I've owned a useful one. If I could have returned it, I would have.

And of course if you use the app, it relies on their servers so despite my internet being fast the video in the app is laggy and pixelated and randomly drops connection.

Back