has anyone had any luck with switching to a different type of bottle w/ a stubborn baby?

hish0lyservant

my little guy (5 months) has used dr browns since coming home from the hospital. i kid you not he rejects EVERY other type of bottle. he took MAM for a while and also lansinoh but it was short lived. i desperately want to switch him to avent bottles, i have a bunch and i’m so tired of washing all the dr browns parts (a complaint about them we’ve all heard a thousand times lol). but go figure he hates them, the avent naturals AND the anti colic ones. if he insists on staying on dr browns that’s fine, i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with going through this and if it was successful. should i keep trying to have him take avent or is it likely just a waste of time?

@hish0lyservant Ate you using the blue or green ones? The blue ones you can't use without the vents but the green ones you can! If you're using the blue, maybe try the green without the vent and see if he'll take it?

@nikki225 WAIT SERIOUSLY? you have no idea how helpful this is - we have so many natural flows (the blue vent ones) and ever since i switched from AR to bobbie which is much thinner liquid, they leak nonstop even though i have everything perfectly locked in just like i always have (with full vent assembled). never had this issue before when my baby was on AR. i was about to throw them away i’ve been so upset. we have a lot of the green filter ones too they’re just put away, i’m going to get them back out. also we have a few 9oz with the anti colic vents and have never had a leaking issue so that makes sense!! we don’t need the filter, just thought we HAD to use it because we did with the natural flow. thank you!

@hish0lyservant I don’t personally have much experience with this but you might try posting in /r/beyondthebump or /r/babybumps and get more answers there since some people pump and give bottles, you might get more answers that way since this group is a lot smaller than those. I don’t mean it in a bad way I just notice a lot of posts here don’t always have a lot of comments!

Some babies just won’t take certain bottles though unfortunately no matter how much you try- I know my friend had a lot of trouble with this with her son. If you’re looking for a bottle with less parts (I wanted to use dr browns but when I saw how many parts there was I was like aw hell no! Lol) try to maybe look for a bottle that had a similar shape nipple to dr browns if you haven’t already? We had great luck with the nuk simply natural bottles. My girl wouldn’t take avent at all but she eats great from the nuk, it has a flatter nipple shape. I know it’s hard though because you could spend tons of money trying other bottles and baby hates them all and that’s just money down the drain.

@clearfix thank you, wasn’t sure the best place to post this but i think you’re right! despite all of us in this subreddit using bottles it is specifically about the topic of formula

we truly have spent tons of money and it’s basically a waste, although i will definitely donate most of the bottles. ahh i’ve only tried nuk simply natural once, i’m going to bust that one out one more time and see how he does with it. but yeah like you said, you can try all you want but sometimes it just is what it is. 🤷‍♀️ appreciate the response!