Glass bottles keep cracking

@pokerfaceblonde We use the glass avent bottles and put them in a bowl of hot water to warm the milk, they’ve never cracked. They take a bit to warm up because the glass is thick but the bottles are great!

@pokerfaceblonde We didn't heat bottles. I just pulled it out of the fridge an hour or so before I thought we'd need it, and he took it at room temp.

If your baby really won't take room temperature bottles, letting them get to room temperature before trying to heat them might prevent them from cracking.

@pokerfaceblonde So we managed to make it 5 months without using any plastic for the baby. (Minus the plastic ring on the top of the bottles. I can’t help that)
We did so by pumping directly into Philip’s Avent glass bottles, and then using silicone ice trays to freeze the milk and silicone bags to heat the milk back up. That way the bottles are pretty much always room temp. I can link the items we used if you want! And for like a stash storage we did resort to filling gallon sized ziplocs with the milk ice cubes. But what I cared about was not heating milk in plastic so this worked for us!

Edit to say: we had to bend on the no plastic rule at 5 months because we stopped breast feeding and formula is just so much more convenient in those little formula holders when we are on the go instead of the individual glass baby food jars I was using 😂

@pokerfaceblonde I stored the milk in one glass bottle, used my warm hands and breathing warm air onto the bottle and swirling the milk around to warm it just enough to get get the solidified fat back into solution, then poured the amount I actually wanted to feed into a a room temperature bottle and warmed that.

@anglic9823 I was really taken with those when buying for my first baby before birth. But, I lost interest when I learned that the markings are only on the silicone sleeve and not the bottle itself. I bought a small bottle anyway to try out, and am not in love with it. While my LO uses it just fine, I did find the nipple too fast flowing for a newborn. Now that my LO is closer to the end of that stage, I get the impression that it allows for too much swallowing of air. I'm not sure. Thoughts?

@gabby777 I never used their brand nipples, I use pigeon, but they will work with any narrow nipple. Trick is not to screw the lid on top tight as that’s how the air gets out.

@pokerfaceblonde are you heating bottes from frozen? one thing that has worked for us is first thawing the milk overnight in the refrigerator and then warming the milk (we use hot water from an electric kettle to bathe the bottle for about 4 minutes). using boiling hot water to heat milk contained in glass is a threat to the material’s structural integrity due to the rapid change in temperature. you might consider using a different type of glass bottle (i’ve heard great reviews of chicco duo) or silicone to avoid crying over spilled milk! so sorry that this is happening and hope that you and your spouse are able to sort this out soon 💕