Glass bottles keep cracking

@pokerfaceblonde It would create more to clean, but if you don’t want to try a new bottle brand yet or use a bottle warmer that warms slowly versus the kettle water, I would try storing milk in the fridge in one bottle, then transferring to a room temp empty glass bottle to heat.

That way the bottle used for feeding doesn’t have as drastic a temperature change in such a short time period.

@pokerfaceblonde Have you tried storing your bottles at room temperature and keeping the milk in another container in the fridge? Then you could transfer the milk over and warm it without the bottle suffering shock from going from cold to hot too fast.

@pokerfaceblonde Be careful he isn’t warming the breast milk too quickly! That can kill nutrients/antibodies etc.

We use the Dr Browns glass bottles in a bowl of warm water or a bottle heater and have never had an issue

@pokerfaceblonde We use Philips Avent glass bottles to pump into / store in the fridge / warm up, and then feed in Dr. Brown’s glass bottles. We warm them in the Baby Brezza warmer and have never had any issues, although sometimes the milk is too hot and we have to run the bottle under cold water for a minute or two.

@pokerfaceblonde Maybe it’s just me, but I find it mildly annoying that people are responding to your question about how to warm glass bottles with “we just don’t warm them!” Like, how is that helpful to your question?

@pokerfaceblonde We also used bottles sporadically like you are doing (through several kids) and have never had one break - they’re just the boring glass Evenflo ones, though. We warm them in a large jar of hot water, but the hot water was from the sink, not a kettle.

@pokerfaceblonde I think you are too. Heating breast milk from the fridge is for baby's preference and to better mimic the breastfeeding experience, not for sanitization. Your breast isn't scalding hot.

@pokerfaceblonde We used lifefactory which is borosilicate glass. I would look for borosilicate glass (any brand)to avoid any cracking or shattering!

I heated up our bottles mostly in the hottest tap water but occasionally with a kettle if I was really pressed for time. I never had a problem

@pokerfaceblonde I used a bottle warmer and had no issues with cracking, I never turned it on to max setting. Can you store your milk in another container? I often poured milk from my plastic pump bottles into my glass bottle which also helps remove temp issues for glass

@pokerfaceblonde I’ve never had a glass bottle crack that wasn’t like dropped or slipped while doing dishes. I do know that my husband tightens things like he’s trying to have them never be opened again. Maybe it’s a man thing and he’s just tightening them too tight??