Ftm baby carrier recommendations?

raybanvanman

I don’t know anything about baby wearing. I’m due in 9 days and will be buying one second hand on Facebook marketplace. Ideally one that’s not complicated to put on and remove every time, so not a wrap.

It would have to be suitable from early days and obviously support a v young baby. I’m 5’3” and having a baby girl if that makes any difference.

I see there’s lots of “ergo baby” for sale on fb.

Has to be suitable for washing machine which I assume most are.

Price range doesn’t matter as it will be cheaper second hand anyway.

I don’t really know what to look for, if it makes sense to just get a random one or not! 😳

I seen a black leopard print baby bjorn one which I liked the look of!

@raybanvanman Stay away from baby bjorn and infantino, they are crap carriers. Ergobaby is pretty good, the embrace is for newborns but gets quickly outgrown, their omnis are decent for older babies but bulky.

Tula FTG (free to grow) would probably be your best bet. There are tons of tulas that you can get secondhand, just makes sure to get the FTG, not the explore or standard (need infant insert and ppl complain about the explore’s straps)

@raybanvanman FTM here, too! My husband wears our baby in a Tula FTG and likes it. Personally, I hated the straps on it and bought a Happy Baby OG and am really loving it so far, when she lets me wear her, that is. She definitely prefers my husband wearing her lol

ETA: Happy Baby has had some stock issues, but I just checked and they do have OG carriers in stock in some colors. I have “Graphite” and it’s a super comfy cotton/linen blend.

@nancycc Happy baby b/s/t market is insane, I wouldn’t bother trying to find one of those secondhand, they are usually marked over retail due to limited colors and collectors.

My favorite carrier is the lennylight, but it’s relatively new and it might be hard to find a good deal on a secondhand one.