First IUI; 42f secondary infertility

zandile

Hi- just wanted to share my experience and maybe commiserate with those in the same/similar boat.
I’m 42(f), husband is 46(m), we have a 7 year old who we conceived with no medication/intervention. We tried for 1 month and got pregnant immediately! That’s where the luck all ran out.
We have been trying for almost 2 years to have another baby.
Things we have done-
Timed intercourse
LH strips
Clearblue ovulation monitor
Proov progesterone strips
BBT every morning
kegg device
Vitamins, all kinds of mushrooms/barks/berries/roots/minerals etc lol

Nothings worked.
AMH is at 1.8 which is great for 42
No make factor - at all
No blockages
35 day very regular cycle..

Doc wants us to do 1 IUI round before proceeding with IVf.

Day5-9:
Started 50mg Clomid on days 5-9.

Day 11:
First ultrasound on Day 11 shows Endo being about 7.8mm, no right follicles and a 16mm, 11mm and 8mm on my left. Told to come back next morning.

Day 12:
Head over on Day 12- Ultrasound shows endo is at about 9-10mm, follicles now at 18mm, 14mm, 12mm and 8mm.
Trigger perform that day at 10pm, followed by sexy-time.

Day 13- nada

Day14: IUI day
husband gives sample and post-wash….it’s a whopping 95 million with 82% motility
I do the IUI and no pain at all.
Evening I feel nauseous, really bad cramps and extremely tired. I wonder if this is because I might have ovulated 3 eggs?

Anyway, thought I’d share my experience. I’m in San Diego if any has recommendations or wants me to provide them.

I’ll update this post if I have anything to share. Wish me luck!

@zandile Honestly, vitamins and minerals are not going to move the needle much and can't fix chromosomal abnormalities. Egg quality takes a significant hit between age 35, when you got pregnant naturally, and your current age. I am in the same boat and it is definitely frustrating. Your doctor's recommendation of doing IVF after one IUI is a reasonable one.

@everly Thanks, yea totally agree with the plan as well. I had just started my period and decided to squeak in an IUI while we talked through IVF options. It was the right decision for us, at least feels like we are being more proactive rather than taking the useless supplements lol.

Back