Final Miscarriage

@nicholasb I’m so sorry for your losses. Sending lots of love.

I recently got a tattoo for my husband and son and myself. I asked my artist to include three peony buds - which represent my three miscarriages before. So I’m very fond of getting a tattoo to memorialize your losses.

@nicholasb Writing letters to your unborn children and burning the letters to send the words to them may be a ritual that could help you find some peace, if you are open to that sort of thing. I have found comfort in that in the past.

@childofgod43 I really love this idea. I also have two ultrasound pictures of my last miscarried baby. I don’t want to keep those, but I can’t throw them away either. I think a ritual like this could be perfect for letting that go. Thank you.

@nicholasb I am so sorry. I was not a young first time mother and I remember feeling the dread of an spontaneous abortion every single visit to the Gyn/OB/Nurse, etc, from the beginning to the end. When my baby was born alive and kicking I just felt this immense gratitude. I also used to dream about a girl, my child, before I became a mother, and when it happened for real, I just felt the luckiest person on earth. Still do, everyday when I open my eyes and I remember she is peacefully sleeping in the next room.

I can not imagine what you have been through while going after that baby girl in your dreams. You must be such an strong person. Your words made me cry. I wish you and your family all the possible happiness this world has to offer.

@dave1969 Thank you! Yes I always thought that dream was an omen, a sign (im not religious or superstitious otherwise lol), but I guess it’s normal to dream of things we think about a lot and really want. I have my magical boy who is 8 and sitting on the couch with me. He is everything to me, and I am so grateful to have him!

Back