F.D.A. sets aside June for potential decisions on vaccines for the youngest Americans

@destined22 This is totally Pfizer in bed with the govt… only 1/3 of 5-11 year olds are vaccinated and that number is not moving. I’d project even less than that for 6mo-4yo. And we’re all waiting for it. If Moderna gets the EUA first, there will be very little numbers for Pfizer. The FDA has been so incredibly incongruous the whole pandemic, and now suddenly they want to make clean rollouts? Yeah effing right. They believe our babies are the least vulnerable demographic so there’s no urgency to offer them protection, but plenty of Pfizer money to be made.
Additionally, Moderna and NIH have big beef about the vaccine, so allowing Pfizer sibs on 6mo-4yo could also be beef payback.
Regardless, I’m really anxious to get my baby vaxed already

@destined22 Has anyone else noticed that it's ALWAYS 2 months? Every time they say that we're going to get them they say it'll be in almost exactly two months.

It's beginning to feel like a sick social experiment. WTH?

@chanahf At first I was happy that the FDA wouldn't delay reviewing Moderna data to wait for Pfizer data, but then I realized it the "no delay" messaging was another publicity stunt. The review dates are still in June. They can review data as it comes in from Moderna and approve in mid May, but they're not doing that.

@destined22 Mine is about to turn 3 and has been home the entire time - thank god I have a remote job, but my husband can't work because he would be in person retail and refuses to go because he'd for sure catch it and give it to us.

I signed her up for prek-3 for this fall thinking the vaccine would be available way before then and everything would be fine. She also does not see other people/children, we're still avoiding the world because no one gives a fuck. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. I'm not allowed to talk about being excited for school because husband is still freaking out about her not being vaccinated in time to go.

@destined22 Maybe they A) don’t have enough data to rule out safety or necessity for this age group, or b) the data is showing this vaccine may be harmful to children in this age bracket. The fact that there is no one on here who is weary or a critic is off the chain cray cray, willing to line up to inject a rushed vaccine into your child’s arm when everyone who has received any of the shots is still all a part of a mass trial group that doesn’t even know yet what damage is in store for a virus that has such a high survival rate. I’m the beginning of this pandemic, it was “everyone 65 and older or immune compromised need these vaccines” then it was “everyone 45 years or older actually need it now” then it went to “even young healthy and active people actually need it” to “Pfizer and Moderna to begin testing on 12-18 year olds” 🤦🏼‍♀️

Back