F.D.A. sets aside June for potential decisions on vaccines for the youngest Americans

@seangibbons The Pfizervax was highly effective in 6 months to 2 years but they didn’t want to give to that group with out the 2-4 year group…why I have no idea but that was what first got me frustrated with this whole situation

@yaaqov Do you have a link to this data? I’ve also read that the efficacy is low in young children. Just wondering if something new has come out.

@seangibbons I’m with you. Triple vaxxed but not concerned about vaccines for my two year old. This view is way more representative of the general population than Reddit, where people are still living like it’s March 2020

@destined22 I joined an advocacy group putting pressure on our elected officials to hold the FDA accountable for this delay.

Feel free to join the effort.

Twitter Protect Their Future

Facebook Protect Their Future

The FDA is gonna be my bff all month, making calls every day until we get an answer as to why they are delaying when they didn’t delay like this for previous COVID vaccines.

See this tweet comparing the timelines to see how much BS this is.

@destined22 This is asinine. For one, all other EUA applications were evaluated within 20 days of submission. Per Moderna’s press release they plan to complete their submission next week (but it could be as late as May 9 per the NYT this morning). From May 9 to June 8 is 30 days. Dr. Califf is on the record to journalists saying they would act with urgency and NOT delay an evaluation of Moderna data. However that’s clearly not the case. Ironically, Pfizer supposedly locked their data today… so their submission will probably align perfectly with this June date.

It’s absolutely utter BS. Lots of politics at play here. I urge you, if you are concerned with this, to make phone calls to your elected representatives (also the CoVID oversight committee), the FDA, the White House. E-mail. Tweet. Do whatever. Get loud because our kids deserve better.

@scarvin
It’s absolutely utter BS. Lots of politics at play here. I urge you, if you are concerned with this, to make phone calls to your elected representatives (also the CoVID oversight committee), the FDA, the White House. E-mail. Tweet. Do whatever. Get loud because our kids deserve better.

THIS. My husband wrote letters this week. I'll be blowing up my rep's phones next week. This is outfuckingrageous.

For anyone else who's pissed and wants to get involved: personalize your letter. Form letters are common and give you a good template to work off of, but put it in your own words. Add your own anecdotes / experiences. If you can call, EVEN BETTER. You will not speak directly with your rep, but phone calls are treated as weightier than letter campaigns, but BOTH are incredibly effective.

@destined22 Some are getting their boosters boosted and my kids can’t get their first shot. Remember back in the day when the whole world shut down because a vaccine didn’t exist? What the hell people!?

@flyfaith And the worst part is no one even cares about toddlers not having protection. No mask mandate on planes or transit. Fewer opportunities to work from home. Basically no restrictions at all. I never see people wearing masks anymore, Everyone is basically like fuck your toddlers

@destined22 This leaves me beyond frustrated. At this point instead of waiting for the vaccine, I’m just waiting for the moment we catch covid despite all our efforts not to. Seems like they want the under 5’s to just catch it naturally instead of getting vaccinated 😭

@destined22 I'm done hoping at this point. We started living life about a month ago. I am very covid cautious but it felt stupid to isolate my toddler for what will likely be a whole extra year (meaning he will be 3). It wasn't fair to lose his whole first 3 years of his life to quarantine when everyone else in our "bubble" is consistently exposing him anyway. At this point my son, bf, and I are the only people I know who haven't had covid, and for all we know we had it and were asymptomatic.

@destined22 There’s no reason to wait, but we’re gonna wait until June. UGH!!! Just tell us it’s never happening, so that we’re pleasantly surprised if/when it does.

Back