Dumb baby name ?

jellyquest

So a close friend of mine is having a baby and I’m so happy for her. When she told me she was going to name it “seven”, I just kind of was like “oh”. I don’t get people and these weird names. Do y’all think seven is that weird? I mean it’s definitely not the worst by far but still 7???? I just can’t.

@jellyquest Makes me think of Star trek voyager, 7 of 9 went by 7.

I mean frankly I think it's fine with the current baby name environment to will fit in and not be considered that odd

@jellyquest I was on a website called Namerology last night that said Sevyn (different spelling, but I’m assuming pronounced the same) is one of the most popular names currently in the US South! It surprised me, too. I’m in the Midwest, and haven’t heard that name yet.

@louistra Honestly it’s starting to sound more and more normal lol. I had another friend of mine who named her kid “Sevryn” which I LOVE. but yeah seven isn’t too weird….but I just never thought people would starting naming their kids numbers lol

@nigel Hello, it looks like you've made a mistake.

It's supposed to be could've, should've, would've (short for could have, would have, should have), never could of, would of, should of.

Or you misspelled something, I ain't checking everything.

Beep boop - yes, I am a bot, don't botcriminate me.

@jellyquest i named a dog Six when i was working at a rescue center. it was cute but like… she was a dog… who would get renamed as soon as she was adopted… i think Seven for a baby is strange lol but i don’t judge 🤷‍♀️

@jellyquest Well let's see if he turns out to be a 7 out of 10
Or if he shops at 7eleven
Or if he ate the 9
Or if he turns out to be a secret agent or serial killer
Or what he thinks of the awkward moment when he is at a job interview at 42 and he had to say his name is 'Seven'.. "I'm sorry, you misunderstood, I was asking for your name." "Yes I am Seven" "Well you sure do look older. I thought you said you were 42"
It would make a nice comedic sketch though.

Back