Driving 5/ 6 hours (without counting breaks) for Thanksgiving with a 2 month old. Would you do it?

@graced1257 If you’re just asking about the driving aspect, it was easy for us to drive road trip with an infant. They just sleep through the car rides. Easier than fussy toddlers/young child phase.

But it sounds like you are more worried about finances. If you can’t afford it, then the trip might add more stress to your situation than it would help.

@graced1257 No. Baby is only 2 months, 6 hours is a long time for a newborn to be in a car. Other family who didn't just have a baby say they can't afford it, I seriously hope they don't expect you to afford it? Just in an effort to make OP feel better, I want to add my husband's family still hasn't come to meet our son and he will be 2 at the end of this year.

@graced1257 Baby’s immune system will not be fully developed by 2 months.

Beyond that, it’s not recommended for baby to be in a car seat for more than 2 hours in a 24hr period since it could cause strain on baby’s spine and increases the risk of positional asphyxiation.

@graced1257 I feel like seeing the family is what’s important. Ask if they’ll drive to you to stay for a long weekend.

And if there’s multiple family members that want to meet her you can split that up over the coming months.