Cosleeping moms... when did you ditch the C-sleep position?

@rocknroll15 It’s so rough. I think I started putting a pillow behind me and rolling onto my back (at an angle still tilted towards her a bit) around 8 months. By that point she was fully crawling and could get to a seated position from laying either on belly or back.

Now I don’t use the pillow behind me but just roll onto my back and return to the C when she nurses. I keep my arm above her head to prevent her from scooting towards the headboard.

@rocknroll15 We only started cosleeping recently at 10 months. I feed to sleep in c curl and then once LO is asleep with 3/4 of the bed to herself (😂) I roll away to the edge of the bed and turn my back to her. She will usually roll onto her front at some point and settle like that. Neither of us move very much in our sleep.

@rocknroll15 Hey, my daughter is 21 months old and we still co sleep.
Just wanted to tell you it gets better, you woll be able to sleep with your arms wherever you want .

You're doing gread, and maybe you can treat yourself to a massage?

@rocknroll15 I started cosleeping at 7 months because she became much clingier. It was very tough on my back and neck, she wants to stay latched on while she sleeps and then keep her face between my breasts the whole night.

It doesn’t feel safe, so I gently try to move her over and she rolls right back to me.

I decided that enough is enough and I now move her to her own crib every time she falls asleep. She wakes up almost every single time and starts screaming bloody murder, but I’m not giving up. I pick her up again, nurse to sleep again, and transfer again.

After about 3 tries, she might protest a bit but just fall asleep immediately because she’s just exhausted.

This wastes a few hours of sleep for me each night, but the sleep that I do get is much higher quality, knowing that she’s safe in her crib and I won’t roll on top of her. It’s also nice to be able to roll around freely in my own bed without worrying about waking her up!

@rocknroll15 Probably around 5 or 6 months I started modifying to a more figure 4 position rather than a the full C curl. Then once he was crawling around 7 months we put our mattress on the floor, and by 8 months the C curl was used only some of the time. Now at 14 months the C curl actually feels special because these toddler sleeping positions are getting wild lol. I will say though my baby was always big (99%) and on the early end for gross motor milestones so I mostly followed his lead when he seemed ready to have more space.

ETA: he also mostly wanted to sleep ON me from around 7-12 months anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️

@rocknroll15 From when my boobs got soft enough to hang down my armpits so she can latch while I lay on my back 😂 (I think this was around 8 months)

Edit: to give hope! She’s 11 mos and I fell asleep on my front this week, it was f*ing delightful 💕

Back