False starts and cosleeping!!

@snowbunni I was about to write a post here, to ask for advice with exactly the same situation as you - except my baby is 9 months old.
But seeing the comments here, not so much we can do.. only accept it and wait it out šŸ˜…
we were even considering hiring ā€œsleeping coachā€ or even sleep training (could only let her cry for 5 minutes.. I canā€™t handle that..)

It is good to know that we are not alone in this, and it is not something what we f*ckd up, it is just how she is at the moment..
(Of course all my friendā€™s babies are sleeping very good, no similar stories I hear thereā€¦ā€¦ā€¦thatā€™s why my negative thoughts)

@alicekijala Aw I feel for you! It sucks! If it makes you feel better the last week he isnā€™t getting any long stretches at all and basically wakes every sleep cycle at 1.25 hours on the dot aaaallll night šŸ« šŸ« šŸ« šŸ«  so f*ck lolā€¦I considered the same as you but I refuse to sleep trainā€¦it is what it is until it ainā€™t (which Iā€™m hoping happens soon than later)!

Some parents are just get blessed with good sleepers. Iā€™m realizing trying to ā€œfixā€ him just makes me more insane. Iā€™m trying to just accept and expect false starts and many wakings and be pleasantly surprised if we get some good stretches rather than morbidly disappointed we didnā€™tā€¦

@snowbunni My almost-17 month old still false starts most nights šŸ«  Sheā€™s giving me more nights lately where sheā€™ll sleep 1-2hrs before waking up, which is nice.

Whatā€™s helped my sanity the most has been to put her to bed later (9-10) and just go to bed after she wakes up. She stays asleep once Iā€™m next to her.

@snowbunni I donā€™t know if thatā€™s the case for you, but what helps us is if I donā€™t have a phone in bed when trying to get him to sleep and after heā€™s calm and not really eating anymore (maybe 10-15 min in) I gently unlatch him and and get up normally (not sneaking away but rather just giving him a sense of itā€™s ok to keep sleeping alone). Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnā€™t, but acceptance of the situation is more important to me than making myself crazy over the ā€œfailuresā€. I try to push the boundaries by giving him constant chances of sleeping on his own while still giving a lot of closeness and attachment when I feel like he needs it.

Back