Considering going back to Nuna

iamcliff

I wanted to like the EvenFlo Revolve 360 so much more than I do.

2 Pros: 1. I really like the easy install and of course the rotating ability. 2. The fabrics are softer and nicer quality than I expected.

5 Cons: 1. The strap material is too thin and the clips are poorly designed so the straps twist constantly. 2. The crotch buckle is definitely too short, I wish I'd listened to the reviews stating this. 3. The magnets that are supposed to hold the straps out of the way are basically non-existent because the magnets are so weak. 4. The smart chest clip is very useful but after a month of use it's constantly disconnecting and saying it's connected to another device (which is not possible). 5. The no rethread harness gets stuck a lot and isn't smooth to adjust.

I'm considering using the Evenflo for my husband's car and getting the Rava for mine (the primary family vehicle). I know I'll miss the rotating ability if we go to the Rava though so I'm not sure because I have a bad back so I'm not sure if it's worth it. We had the Nuna Pipa Lite Rx which has been awesome. Not really sure what the point of this post is other than to share my opinion and get other opinions. Hopefully this is helpful to someone

@iamcliff Let me know how it goes. I opted for the Rava instead of the evenflo rotating seat. Baby won’t use it for quite awhile so it’s sitting in a box ready to return if I change my mind.

The other option for me would be the cybex sirona S as a more premium rotating convertible seat. If I really wanted the rotating seat, I would probably get this. However I think I might do what you do and have the Rava in the primary car and evenflo or cybex rotating car in the secondary. Maybe swap if I end up liking it more than the Rava.

@vancouverguy Having used Nuna before I love their quality so if you don't care about the rotating ability you'll probably love it!

I didn't like the load leg on the Cybex because it sticks out so far and is redundant when using a tether.
Just a heads up Cybex and Evenflo are made by the same company.

@iamcliff Thanks for the info! I haven’t seen any of the rotating seats up close yet. I’ll probably check them out in the store because I was always set on the Rava before even knowing about the rotating car seat. I do like my car seats in the middle so I can see a huge benefit to it but I just love Nuna car seats.

@iamcliff I also went from Nuna to the Evenflo 360 and completely agree that the straps in comparison are way cheaper and less smooth. It also takes more to tighten the straps than it did in the pipa lite rx. I miss the magnetic strap holders as well. When it comes to the crotch buckle while it is short, I will say I wasn’t aware that there is a way to change slots in the very bottom of the base. So mine was in the closest to the seat back position at the base and then I thread it through the theee layers of material in the furtherest out position making it inadvertently shorter. I’ve since fixed this and it’s a little better now. My daughter doesn’t sit right on top of it and I feel I have enough to work with, although a little extra would always be nice.

@jdannett Unfortunately I already adjusted it :( It's in the middle slot because the farthest doesn't sit close enough to his body so it's not an acceptable fit (per the cpst FB page)

@hoothoothooray Ooh see that's something as a ftm I didn't think about. I just think about how he's a huge potato (99th percentile for everything). What age can they typically get in and out themselves? (I have a crossover SUV)

@iamcliff My kid is small(20%) and kinda agile, turning 5 this May, it's already way too long ago and I don't remember when he started doing that. One timeline I know last winter he's 3.5 when we started taking him skiing, I know he definitely started getting in and out before that. My guess is s close to 3?

@iamcliff Wait....there are supposed to be magnets that hold the straps out of the way?!

Edit: Where did you find that information at? I can't seem to find it! Based in the US here.

@matt007 Hm maybe it's a feature only in the green and gentle fabric seat. If you zoom in on the sides link you can see the little buckle symbols. They're slightly magnetic but if you touch them they fall right down.

@iamcliff Omg, I am so disappointed mine doesn't have that! Although I guess it doesn't matter since they don't work very well. How WEIRD though that I have the same product, different color and yet it doesn't have that one specific feature.

@matt007 That is strange, I would've thought all the Gold versions would have them. Maybe the Green and Gentle fabric ( they really need to rework that name lol) is kind of like a side step from the standard Gold. But yeah don't be disappointed, they're useless anyway. The Nuna Pipa magnets are much stronger and actually hold the straps out of the way which is really helpful

@iamcliff For what it’s worth, we love our Baby Jogger City Turn. The rotation is great, fabric excellent, and I wouldn’t use the smart chest clip anyway. Kiddo is super happy with it, too.

@thiago From what I read the Baby Jogger City Turn can't rotate in forward facing mode and it doesn't have a flame retardant-free fabric so it wasn't an option for us