Clingy 1 y.o, baby carriers causing hip problems(?), should I try a hiking pack instead?

matthewop

I read somewhere that those carriers for babies and small children can cause hip problems, so I never really used them, I just used the fabric wraps. Well, I got rid of the fabric wrap because the wrap was longer than my whole body and it felt clumsy to use plus my l.o hated it and it made us overheated.

I cant leave the room without my l.o getting upset and I cant get up or enter the room without nearly tripping over them. I gotta get stuff done and I don't want to break their little heart or our bond, and I know these days are precious sigh..I just need a little help here.

...I read in a parenting book called "Hunt, Gather, Parent" by Michaeleen Doucleff that inuit (i think) mothers carry their children with them until pretty much the child is ready to not be attached to mom. Most helpful parenting book I've read btw, I highly recommend to anyone. I call it "my little parenting bible" lol.

Anyway, what product do ya'll recommend I try that will allow l.o to safely be attached to me while I get stuff done?

@matthewop I love the Ergo baby. I have the 360 and you can wear it in all different ways. It has great support. Hip issues happen when the baby isn't put in correctly. Also same issue if they aren't getting enough floor time to develop muscles. But that doesn't sound like your issue.

Back