Chemical smell from babycare playmat?

frankel56

I ended up buying the babycare playmat since it was nontoxic. And honestly I got tired of going down the rabbit hole and trusted what it said on Amazon and other website. But I finally got it and the chemical smell is so strong! The reviews are pretty mixed on this. Anyone else have this experience? I honestly just should have bought a toddlekind playmat, it’s about the same price anyway! I also would feel guilty if I returned this, knowing that most returns end up in the landfill :/ I’ve only had it for 3 days so we’ll have to see but I’m kind of disappointed. Wondering if anyone has any other suggestions? The toddlekind mat is a little smaller than what I would like. The babycare one was perfect - 82” x 55 “

@frankel56 If you send it back to Amazon and it’s not damaged they will resell it for cheaper as a warehouse deal.
Did you wash it yet? Or set it out in the sun to air out? Some of those smells just come from stuff it’s sitting by in the warehouse or the factory where it was made.

@faroshee7 I’ve never understood how Amazon deals with returns. I’ve received supposedly new items from there that are dirty and beat up. Yet I’ve also heard returns go on to become warehouse deals. There is also an online auction company near me that buys pallets of Amazon returns; many of these items are still brand new and unopened.

I rarely buy from Amazon these days because there are too many counterfeit products and little oversight, but I’ve always wondered how returns are sorted.

Back