Cannot decide between Uppababy Vista & Nuna Triv travel systems

@katrina2017 This comment finally tipped the scales for me and I went with the Triv + Pipa Aire RX car seat. So excited and feeling I made the right choice! I have always loved the single handed fold and size/weight of the Triv and the 6 pound Aire coming out gave us the perfect lightweight car seat choice too with the added load leg on base and optional seatbelt install for travel. Plus it goes up to 30 pounds instead of 22 lb cutoff for Urbn. We’ll prob buy the Lytl bassinet if there are any sales between now and our due date or if I can find one on FB marketplace. It hasn’t been out long though so may be hard to find. Did you get the bassinet too?

@chrisss7 No I didn’t, it wasn’t out when we were buying, and now LO is almost rdy for the stroller seat so I think it would be a waste for us now. If it was out earlier I would have been tempted, it’s a nice option. Usually if we are out for a longer stint I’ll pop her in a baby carrier to get her out of the car seat for a period of time. They had just discontinued the pipa rx lite when we bought our car seat, 1 lb lighter would have been nice, but wasn’t a deal breaker, the pipa rx is still a really awesome car seat; the skydrape and the place to hold the buckles out of the way (I don’t know what it’s called) have been great.

@chrisss7 We have the Nuna Pipa car seat and Ubbababy stroller with a Nuna ring adapter. The ring adapter lets the car seat click in with one hand so it’s really nice and seamless, like you don’t have to line up the posts.

@chrisss7 Vista is neat but bulky. I'd recommend the Cruz instead, or if going with Nuna I'd pick the Mixx Next.

If your literally trying to plan for 2 back to back, I'd recommend the Bugaboo donkey over the Vista or the Demi Next. The configuration of how the seats work on those 2 strollers is absolutely ridiculous on the lower 1 facing all weird, the steering becomes a pain in the behind, etc.

I'd go with a full featured single stroller or I'd go with the bugaboo donkey. For 2 seaters, I wouldn't recommend anything other than the bugaboo.

I ended up having to pick between the Cruz and the mixx next. Wife liked the nuna over the Vista. I liked the Cruz over the nuna, but I still liked the nuna. Suspension on mixx next is amazing, while the frame of the Cruz is very very tough but still not as bulky as a Vista. For my wife it really came down to aesthetics, and she absolutely loved the Mixx Next. I loved the Nuna Pipa and seamless compatibility with the mixx next, so I let her win the stroller race lol

@tricky1 lol the Nuna line is very chic and compromises are important! ;) thank you for your response! I like the bugaboo donkey 5 but don’t think the fold would even fit in my trunk since I have sedan so it would be a future purchase if I get a bigger car. Did you get the PIPA Urbn or RX car seat? If urbn, do you find the rigid latch easy to use? Do you also seatbelt in?

@chrisss7 Oof yeah bugaboo would be no go for sedan. We went with the Nuna Pipa Aire Rx. My 2nd choice was the RX. I would never choose the Urbn tbh. I've heard the urbn latch system is gimmicky and can be a slight pain to put in because for many vehicles you gotta dig into the seat to find those damn latches every time and it becomes a chore. Elsewhere I also heard it's not as stiff/tight of a fit and can feel slightly wobbly when installed. Plus the RX/aire rx can already be easily installed without a base anyways with the European belt method which is pretty simple. There's even youtube videos on how to install the RX and how easy it can be with the belt method.

Due to its simplicity I opted not to buy an extra base for my 2nd car since installing with the seatbelt was made pretty easy.

@tricky1 I didn’t even know about the Aire since it just came out so thank you!. I finally bought a system today and went with the Triv + Aire RX. Really excited w my purchase and so happy to have the extra security of the load leg w the Aire yet light weight and ability to go up to 30 pounds. We’ll def be considering the bugaboo down the line if our vehicle situation changes for 2nd kid. Thanks for your comments!

@chrisss7 Ahh your welcome! Yeah the Aire is pretty nifty. I haven't taken mine out of the box yet, but definitely watched some videos on it on YouTube. It's pretty nifty, although a bit over priced, but I bit the bullet anyways lol

No problem!! Congratulations!

@chrisss7 Absolutely love my Nuna mix next!
I remember when going to Nordstrom to purchase our stroller and trying out the different models one of the big reasons I didn’t go with Uppa baby vista was the difficulty of the fold and how heavy it was (also pointed out to me by the sales representative)

While the Nuna Mixx next is also a larger stroller with big wheels. I felt the fold was manageable and like the fact that you could roll it on, it’s wheels.

We got the travel system which included the Nuna Pipa, urban car seat . This has been great for us because we do live in a very urban city. Do not have a car and rely on taxi and Uber to get around. I have used both the latch system as well as the seatbelt whenever we are in the car. The only con for me is that the weight max is 22 pounds and I didn’t realize baby would get there sooner.

We’ve traveled with the stroller system across the country before , rolled it through TSA and gate checked everything.

Back