canada lifelab hcg numbers confused? can any one help? any experiences?

gentl4u

UPDATE hcg-still low: my last period start at 3.24.. The lifelabs range always made me confused and by LMP am in wk 5 for my first pregancy. My average period days is around 32 days, day ovulated is probably in 4.9th. I just checked with the doctor this morning and she suggested me to do the US ASAP so I will do the US in urgent care tmr and update.

My hcg is 846 IU/L on 4.24, wk4+4

2065IU/L on 4.26--48hrs wk4+6

6058IU/L on 4.29--72hrs wk5+2

11381IU/L on 5.01--48hrs wk5+4

All those numbers looks pretty low using lifelabs range. Does anyone has similar experience with the numbers?My friend told me as long as your number doubles in 48 hrs you will be fine. However, 830 - 2000-6050, the increasing rate is dropping from 140% to 100%,and for the result in 5/1, the hcg doubling rate is declining to 88%, I am really afraid that the double rate will decreasing to below 66%.

Any one has similar experience? and how did the result? Also my blood pressure is 117-86,is this normal because I uaually have 90-65 before my pregancy.

Also do I need to test the progesterone too or take medicine?The doctor said my hcg is low and I am really worried that I cannot delivered baby.

The below is their range:

|| || |Female (Non pregnant) < 5 Gestational Age: ===============

< 1 week 5 - 50

1 - 2 weeks 50 - 500

2 - 3 weeks 100 - 5000

3 - 4 weeks 500 - 10,000

4 - 5 weeks 1000 - 50,000

5 - 6 weeks 10,000 - 100,000

6 - 8 weeks 15,000 - 200,000

8 - 12 weeks 10,000 - 100,000|values are based on rough estimate of gestational age since conception and should be used only in conjunction with reliable and accurate estimations of gestational age based on sonography or LMP.

@gentl4u Your doubling rate over 48 hours is 141% and then 109.2% which is perfect. 6050 for 5 weeks is well within normal range.

HCG has an extremely wide range of normal. The key numbers are at least 50 around 14DPO and an increase of at least 60% over 48 hours, which then slows to doubling every 72-96 hours once you’re in the upper thousands.

You have nothing to worry about right now. At this point, your first ultrasound will tell you more information than your HCG levels.

Progesterone is up to your doctor; mine did not test, but those going through IVF or other treatment might be followed more closely since they’re on progesterone supplements.

@godsgal41 This is my first pregnancy and I am already in my 30's. The range according to lifelabs is 5 - 6 weeks 10,000 - 100,000 IU/L. and my number is 6k, which really made me worried....Also the doubling rate is dropping. Could you tell me when is your first US? Mine is scheduled in week 9, which seems pretty late to me.

@gentl4u You’re preaching to the choir here, there are many of us in our 30s and most of us will go on to have healthy, boring pregnancies.

You literally have perfect beta numbers right now. I was in the 4000s at exactly 5 weeks and my doctor didn’t even want me to keep testing at that point because my levels had already been doubling. If I had kept testing, I’d probably have been around 6000 on 5+1 like you. On top of that, if you’re only going by last menstrual period, you may have ovulated later than the typical day 14 so you could be earlier than you’re predicting, which would make your numbers even better.

I’ve had two perfect ultrasounds at 8+3 and 10+4. It’s very normal not to have a first ultrasound until you’re 8-10 weeks along. That’s the time a heartbeat can be easily visualized and earlier scans can be ambiguous and cause even more stress.

And like I said, doubling rates are supposed to slow down as your HCG goes up, and even then, you’re still doubling well above the minimum that doctors look for. 109.2% over 48 hours is so much higher than 100% in 72-96 hours!

If you don’t believe me, plug in your numbers to this BabyMed chart and maybe the graph can help you see how picture perfect your numbers are. 4/26 would have been 19 days past ovulation and 4/29 would be 22.

You’ve learned all you can from the betas at this point, which is that your body is producing the correct amount of HCG. You just have to wait for that first ultrasound now. I know it’s hard, but you can do this.

@godsgal41 Thank you sososo much, I feel a lot better. I feel worried cuz my doctor said the number is lower and ask me to observe. I cannot do any thing but just wait. Your words truely helps a lot!!!!

@gentl4u Lifelabs seems to be measuring from ovulation, not last period. It’s a bit hard to read your post with the ranges, but generally if they start at 1-2 weeks or 1 week, it means from ovulation, because you shouldn’t have any hcg before 2weeks measured from last period. So you should be looking at the 3-4 week range on the chart if it are 5-6 weeks pregnant by last period.