Can’t believe I’ve stumbled across this community ❤️

fellegvari

My husband (33M) and I (30F) got married just over a year ago and we’ve been desperate to start trying for a family, but I sadly wasn’t in a permanent job last year and was working agency (I’m a nurse). Started my full time NHS job in August but as per NHS maternity pay rules I have to be employed for 1 year continuous at 29 weeks pregnant, so here we are still waiting to try 😔
This sounds so dramatic as I know people are struggling to conceive, but I almost feel like I’ve been longing/trying for a year and failing (even though we haven’t).

It’s now 29 days until I’m finally in the fertile window that we can begin trying. Please send fertile thoughts xxx

@fellegvari I know what you mean, we got married about 3 years ago and have only just started trying in the last month. But I've been waiting for about 7 years to be in a position to try and I have no idea how long it'll take to conceive!

Fingers crossed for you 🤞

@fellegvari This situation is eerily similar to mine! NHS maternity is the only thing holding me back aah but at least the end is in sight! Sending you baby dust

Back