Buying a Wrap: B/S/T or Manufacturer

freezbuy

Hey wrappers! So I'm still pregnant but I'm looking to buy a good beginner/long term wrap for my newborn and beyond. From what I've read, I think a Little Frog will be a good starter wrap for me. Only problem is that I'm really confused about where to buy it. I've been looking on the babywearing on a budget FB group but it looks like the wraps on there are way more expensive (at least $20) than on Little Frog's website. What's up with that? Here's the site I was looking at. That is Little Frog's website right?

edit: Bonus question - does anyone know what 2nd quality means? Those are much cheaper...

@freezbuy With a b/S/T you'll most likely get a wrap that is broken in already. If you buy new, you will have to/get to do the breaking in. Another thing is, if you are buying directly you can sift through and find a color you like. When you buy second hand your choices are more limited. But sometimes there are patterns available second hand that are no longer made. It's really up to you.

Seconds quality should be cheaper (due to cosmetic flaws), but there is still shipping. The budget swap is shipping included, so there's that. Sometimes people will bargain a little and come down.

You could also post in the ISO album and state your price range, material preference and color preference and see what pops up. There are multiple wrap albums by size.

@ineedanewusername Thanks so much! I might try to post something ISO but I just found out that Little Frog is on Amazon and shipping is much cheaper there so I might just do that. I don't mind breaking it in a little. I'm not due until Feb so I have plenty of time and my friend has a 9 mo old that I'm sure I could practice on.

@freezbuy I've used LF from our local lending library, they worked great for me to learn with. I was about to purchase a seconds quality wrap myself, but then another site did a big sale and I found something that caught my eye more. Happy wrapping!

@freezbuy I assume there is a shipping charge from little frog that is about $20, which is why you're seeing higher prices on bst. I like to buy used since the carrier is already broken in, and you aren't waiting on international shipping.

Seconds means that the item has a cosmetic flaw that doesn't affect safety.

Back