Baby swing

@bustinjustin My parents gifted us that FP swing last year at the start of the pandemic (though it was the previous model that was being sold then, which is just different colors and owlies on the top by the mirror).

LO lovvved it: he'd nap on it for a couple of hours every evening + the occasional one-hour nap some days. Once he became more alert he enjoyed looking at the mirror, too. All supervised, of course. He was always fine and is thriving.

Anyways, most of his naps happened in his crib in his room. At 3-4MO, he suddenly began hating the swing; he'd fuss when being put in there and wouldn't fall asleep until we rocked him in the glider in his room and put him in his crib. We still have it and will use it for future LO(s) since it was a worthwhile aid for a few months. However, I'd never tell a parent to buy something like a Mamaroo, which to me is all brand and marketing, and if the kid only likes it for two-three months, and you're done growing your family, it's a waste imo.

@bustinjustin I don’t know why but the mamaroo has never worked for my kids. The regular swings have always been great purchases. I wanted the mamaroo to work so much too! I love their look. Just, pointless and my babies all hated them.

@bustinjustin We so wanted to love the mamaroo. Alas, like the others said, it’s a glorified baby holder and baby doesn’t even tolerate the movements at this point. Still hoping he’d appreciate it when he gets a bit older. (We have the mamaroo bassinet as well and.. same)

We just got the Ingenuity Cradlecomfort 2 in 1 over the weekend and he likes this much better - so far. Fingers crossed.

Back