Baby Boy Names?

orma32

Pregnant with my 2nd boy and looking for somewhat unique/cool names! Vote for your most and least favorite in the comments. I know these are sorta weird - you're not going to offend me!
  1. Dakoda
  2. Oakley
  3. Teddy
  4. Dimitri
  5. Roman
  6. Crew
  7. Lennon (Lenny)
  8. Arlo
  9. Artemis
  10. Julian
  11. Adrian
  12. Dominic
  13. Vincent
  14. Apollo
  15. Brendan (my husband's name) but calling him Sunny/Sonni or Junior

@orma32 I love Adrian and Dimitri! Julian, Vincent, Dominic, and Roman are nice too.

Worst are Dakoda (if you MUST, at least spell it right), Teddy, Oakley, and Crew. Oh and Artemis, which is not a boys’ name.

@orma32 Least: Lennon, Dakoda, Oakley, Crew. Artemis is a goddess, so odd for a boy (despite the book series, don't know how an editor didn't pick that up!)

Best: Dominic, Arlo, Adrian. If you like Lenny I'd honestly go with Leonard as the full name, over Lennon personally (just makes me think of John Lennon, who was by all accounts a nasty human being). Teddy - yes but only if it's short for Edward or Theodore.

@orma32 I love Arlo!

You seem interested in real criticism, and my baby just went to bed, so here you go:

...looks like it's spelled wrong.

...feels very 2010s/2020s, like it will seem very dated in the future.

... is too nickname-y.

I don't know why, but I hate the way this name looks when it's written. Changing the spelling would not improve it.

1. Roman, 6. Crew, 7. Lennon (Lenny)

I just don't like these

Yes! Choose Arlo!

1. Artemis, 14. Apollo

...are just a little bit too much.

1. Julian, 11. Adrian, 12. Dominic, 13. Vincent

...are all good choices.

1. Brendan (my husband's name) but calling him Sunny/Sonni or Junior

You're looking for a unique name. Giving your baby his dad's name means it wouldn't even be unique within your family.

Edited formatting.

@orma32 Love a lot of these! My favorite is probably Lennon and my least favorite is Dakoda (with that spelling- Dakota I would like more)

@orma32 None of these are unique, so I’d go back to the drawing board if you’re looking for unique! I love Arlo but it’s too popular. I was trying to get my husband to go for Orlo instead.

@orma32 Favorite would be Crew and Roman and least favorites would be Apollo, Oakley and Artemis (I’m sure you already know but Artemis is the Greek goddess sister of Apollo so I feel like the main association people would have is a Greek goddess)

Also I do agree with other Dakoda looks kinda funky. I like the name put would definitely just go for the traditional spelling of Dakota.

One more comment, Oakley seems very girly to me personally but possibly because I know 2 little girls names Oakley lol